Truck bedrail clearance, Ford 2011 4X4.

KL7j

I recently sold my 2008 Dodge/Cumins 3500 SRW and got a 2011 Ford F350 4X4 with the new Ford diesel and tranny, single rear wheel, crew, short bed with the larger factory 20" wheels/tires option that are 1/2" taller than 18" standard wheels in radius (larger wheel, shorter sidewalls).

I have towed a travel trailer 4000 miles so bed height was not an issue. Now we sold the TT and looking at a Bighorn 5th.

The top of the bedrail unloaded is 59 inches at the rear highest point.
Anyone with a newer Ford near this height backup under the 5th and put the pin weight on the truck so it settles with load and obtained the 5" to 6" needed clearance.

I want the 5th level and proper clearances and not interested in raising the trailer height with frame/spring work.

Anybody put the taller 4X4 Fords under a Bighorn yet?

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have a 2010 F350 4x4 and tow our Landmark without any clearance issues. Check with the Ford dealer to see if the bed rail height is the same.

KL7j

Is your Landmark on a 10" frame rail or 8"? BH says it makes a difference in bedrail clearance.

K

karykatz

Landmarks are built on a 12" Ibeam frame

Hope this helps.

KL7j

I recently sold my 2008 Dodge/Cumins 3500 SRW and got a Ford F350 4X4 with the new Ford diesel and tranny, single rear wheel, crew, short bed with the larger factory 20" wheels/tires option that are 1/2" taller than 18" standard wheels in radius (larger wheel, shorter sidewalls)...

Update.
My pickup bedrails are not quite 59" tall, but very close. Heartland factory and a neighboring dealer physically measured a BH model 3055. The height is 62".
They stated the pin weight on the truck will settle the truck about 3" minimum which seems about right as there is 2" travel just to the over load springs on the F350.

So it appears we can make the recommended 5" to 6" clearance :) They also mentioned I could go to the the larger Goodyear tires and that would add another inch to the height of the 5th. Since I decided to get the BH and ordered it, I did include the larger tires as it was not much more when ordering.