A Big Thank You to Mr. Beletti

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
I had a problem when I arrived at the KOA today. One of my hydraulic lines had been leaking and the hydraulic system was no longer functioning. This meant that I could not lower the various jacks (I have the level up system from Lippert installed last year) nor open the slides.

Jim was driving by in his cart and came to welcome me in. When he heard about the problem, he was quickly on the phone to Bob Tiedge and with his help, managed to jump start the hydraulic motor to enable me to set up my unit. All this was done in about 20 minutes!

Thank you Jim. You lived up to your reputation of being a gentlemen and always eager to help an owner in needs.

Sincerely, Bob

Tom of Ypsi

For the rest of us that has the Level up system tell us how you fixed the problem and is it a temporary fix or permanent.

You're very welcome Bob.

Tom,

Bob had what seemed like no DC power to his hydraulic system. I checked for power at the hot in the center of the large relay to ground and nothing. Checked both batteries - good. Traced the hot feeding the relay to the hot buss. Had power into the buss, power into all the mini-breakers but no power out of the breaker feeding the hydraulics relay.

I had a heavy gauge jumper with ring terminals and I used it as a test jumper from the relay to the input of the breaker. Perfect. Had power. Then I wired it from the relay to the battery and left it that way - effectively and temporarily, power the system around the apparently bad auto-resetting mini-breaker.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Thanks for the info Jim now everyone with the level up system will have some place to start looking for a fix should the need arise.