Access door delaminating

davelinde

The other day I saw the sun hitting my rig at just the right angle to notice that my off-door-side access panel to the basement is delaminating :( I now seem to remember that after a rain, if I opened that door that water would run out of the hinge area.

I'm guessing that water collects into the hinge, then sits on the top of the door, and enough is getting drawn into the panel itself to cause the delamination to start?

Any other theories? Any solutions? I'd HATE to see this get worse because the door has graphics that match up with the main body panels and would surely not be easily replaced... I'm thinking unless I find a fix - it WILL only get worse.

schog

I would like to know the fix for this as well as i get water dripping from the basement doors to on my 09 3210. I already replaced one door under warranty.

Northern Virginia
I did the exact same thing. I accidentally left the off door side access door open one night that we had a really good rain. The bottom 6 inches or so has separated from the plywood underneath. When you stand a the right angle it looks like a bubble under the fiberglass.

The good news is that during the last year it has not gotten any worse. My plan (if it does get worse or I leave it open in the rain again) is to figure out a way to remove the fiberglass skin from the plywood and make a new door. It looks doable IF you can remove the fiber glass with out damaging it. Maybe soaking it in a pool of water for a few days?

I don't think any one but me has ever noticed it. But it still bugs me.

If I ever fix it, I'll post it here.

John

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
I just posted a simular post regarding the inside of the door and the mounts for the shocks that hold the doors up on the ODS. So far Heartland has been unresponsive. I can't beleave that we are having this conversation with relatively new units.