How to sell a pistol?

landp

I know how to buy a pistol, but how to you find out the right right for selling one? Or even how to go about selling it?

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Contact a reputable Gun Shop or your Department of Safety in you State. In Tennessee you can sell one in the paper, at a gun show without a background check if you are an indididual. I prefer to go through a gun shop since big brother has the serial #'s that you own of any legal guns.

robnmo

Yep what Lee said. Ck in your state with a gun shop or FFL dealer, each state has it's own set or regulations. Indiana an individual can sell a handgun but the transfer has to be done via a FFL dealer for them to do the paperwork and send in.

Pulltab

Using any of the online services you will still need to do a 3rd party exchange thru an FFL dealer

landp

Just found out my pistol might get $100 so it stay in the closet. Not even worth going thru the effort to sell it

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Contact a reputable Gun Shop or your Department of Safety in you State. I prefer to go through a gun shop since big brother has the serial #'s that you own of any legal guns.

THE ONLY WAY TO GO! You do not ever want to sell a firearm registered to YOU any other way. Go through the hassle and have it LEGALLY transferred from your name!

Delaine and Lindy

Serial number will get you in trouble, I have only bought on Handgun that is registered. I only buy from someone I know. Big Brother doesn't have any business know you own a handgun. In the future I believe they will try to take you weapons. Just look at he countries that have taken the weapons from the folks. GBY...