Cable Tv hookups for 2011 BigHorn 3610RE

lizzymit

Does anyone have a simple set of instructions for making the interior cable tv connections to the Living Room and Bedroom Tv's? Looks like ours wasn't setup properly by dealer. We use cable tv on occassion at RV parks and would like to make the appropriate connections. I assume we will need to buy some connectors at Radio Shack?

Which input jacks do we use on the Jension and Sharp?

UPDATE: A fellow Heartland owner showed us the problem while we were in Virginia. ALWAYS turn off the antenna boost button behind the bedroom TV and everything works fine.

Last edited:

ChopperBill

Dont have ours here to look at but if I remember the cable connector is on the "right hand wall" of the docking station, there is just one. The wall plates by your TV's are marked. Use the ones that aren't marked for the satellite and you should be good to go.

Willym

Dont have ours here to look at but if I remember the cable connector is on the "right hand wall" of the docking station, there is just one. The wall plates by your TV's are marked. Use the ones that aren't marked for the satellite and you should be good to go.

Agree. The cable and antenna feeds use the same outlets at each TV location. You should not need to add any more cable or connectors. Just remember to ensure that your booster is not powered up when using cable, and when doing the auto channel set up for the TV, select cable or CATV, not air.

DRGalligher

UPDATE: A fellow Heartland owner showed us the problem while we were in Virginia. ALWAYS turn off the antenna boost button behind the bedroom TV and everything works fine.

This is a great site! DH and I are going through all the systems in our new 2011 3055RL and couldn't get the cable TV to work. He tested it directly from the house connection to a portable TV outside - it worked, ran the cable straight from the outside connection from the house through a window to the TV in the living - it worked, but wouldn't work when connecting to the cable TV connection in the docking station. After searching this site and finding this posting, we went back outside to check if the booster in the bedroom was on and sure enough! Cable TV works great now! Thanks Heartland Owner's Forum!