Delaminating interior walls.

Tundra

Both the front (by the head of the queen bed) and rear wall (in the bathroom) are delaminating in my 2011 M22. Is anybody else experiencing this and was it able to be thoroughly fixed!?!?!?

jimtoo

Hi Tundra,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I would suggest you contact your dealer first and then if no good results contact Heartland Customer service. Also, is this inside or outside, it's not clear about where?? Can you post a picture or two to show what your concern is?

Jim M

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
You should contact Heartland Customer Service and speak to the rep for your area. We need to review the problem with you and your dealer and evaluate the necessay steps to take to correct them. 877-262-8030

Last edited:

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
By delaminating do you mean that the interior paneling is pulling away from the walls? Like the staples and maybe glue that held it in place is pulling off and the wall just flops back and forth?

Thanks,

FJ

rick_h

are you talking about the paneling itself separating or the finish on the paneling? Could you post some pictures. The only thing i have noticed is my bathroom by the sink the wall has slightly shifted out and the paneling finish separated a bit in one spot. I an not that concerned about min its just one small spot

Tundra

Sorry for my delayed response. Yes, the delamination is inside both front and back at a seam. Yes, the laminant is pulling away from the walls. I just picked it up from the certified mechanic and he also told me to call customer service 1st to see if there's a suggested fix (don't know why he didn't do it). I'll keep you all posted....wish me luck! ALSO, had a fire in my hotwater heater caused by a spider web in the burner tube. It discolored the exterior just above the hot water heater cover. Spider webs (I'm assuming) aren't covered by warranty?!?

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
This is the problem that I encountered and have posted pictures on the thread I started: "Interior walls pulling apart" or something like that. I emailed and spoke with Heartland and was told that they have never heard of this happening and that without going to a dealer there is nothing they could do. I asked Chris Griffin to have pictures taken of the assembly of this part of the wall and have not gotten any yet. The biggest thing they said was that the 3950 is a year out of warranty and there was nothing they would do. I put two screws and a piece of molding inside the rear medicine cabinet to hold it in place until I get done camping for the season. If I knew how it was assembled I could do the fix and make it look nice. I don't have a Heartland dealer in NY anymore and don't want to drive two hours to leave it with a dealer who might be a butcher.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, it does happen. Last summer, I had to glue part of my main slide wall back on. Fortunately, it was pulling off right at the interior trim, so I could pry it open a bit more and pump Liquid Nails in behind it. A combination of soft wood and poor aim on the brads used to secure it were the culprit. Brads don't hold worth a (sewer trout) in styrofoam. Clamped it down for a while and it's holding fine since then.

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
0722001139.jpg So, here is what holds the walls in place. These staples go into the interior framing that is attached to the main side walls. I had a long talk with Chris from customer service yesterday. There is not a lot they are willing to do in the way of warranty (nothing), but the guidance on the fix will work fine. I think I just need some border tape to do the finish work.