Sprint Broadband Outlook settings

kaxel

I have a Sprint Broadband Aircard and I also use MS Outlook for my email. Recently I upgraded my card and changed computers and lost my setting information for using Outlook with Sprint. No problem receiving my mail it is the outgoing that has a problem with the server. Does anyone know what the setting should be for Outlook 2003. Thanks!

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Kay,

Here is the post that I told you about last night. My memory failed me the post was related to Verizon instead of Sprint. I have Verizon, my email provider is yahoo.com and I have not had any problems. Good luck in your search for a solution.

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I think the thread referred to gives some verizon email settings.

Are you using Verizon email? or are you using another email provider such as GMail, Live.com, Yahoo or such?

Tried to look the setting for Verizon email but they referr to using an internet provider like Go Daddy.

I use Go Daddy and you have to have their server settings to get their email. This would be the same for GMail and other such providers.

BC

kaxel

Thanks for the response. My Outlook reads from my home internet provider email server (Charter Communications) and as I mentioned the incoming is not the issue - it is trying to reply - or outgoing - when on my Sprint aircard. I know I need the sprint setting information - that is what I am looking for. I spent over an hour and 40 minutes on the phone with Sprint and they are clueless. Thanks any way!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Kaxel
I am not sure what you're looking for. If you have a sprint air card and using email from Charter Communications you need to set your Outlook to use the charter Commmunications server.

Verizon provides a pass through access but if you are using the email service provided by Verizon they have a different setup. Infact I don't think I would use Verizon's email service.

If I did not have my own domain and email service through Go Daddy or I would use GMail.

I did a search on the Charter website and here is what I found.
For your Pop server on Charter use the following.

--Server Information: Incoming server pop.charter.net
--Server Information: Outgoing server smtp.charter.net

The website is here. Charter Communications adding an account.

Hope this helps.

BC

kaxel

Thanks - you are partially correct. When using the air card it has to be linked to Sprint "outgoing" server - not Charter. And the key is knowing exactly what user name it recognizes and the password. Apparently when I upgraded my air card, my user name and password changed (for the outgoing server connection) - but Sprint never advised me of this. They said I could just plug and go - which is not correct. I figured this much out myself with no help from them. Anyway, we are home from the Nashville Rally as of tonight and tomorrow I plan to be on Sprints door when they open - with air card, laptop and attitude in hand! Thanks again!