Spare tire

Does anyone know if there is a skid plate for the spare tire. I have already busted this this off and now keep the tire in the truck. Can anyone help with this....

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Theres not one on my Bighorn but I'm not sure about your North Trail.

charlie51

I took mine off and put in the front storage area of my 310QB. Slid it in to the middle and it doesn't take up that much room, and it also keeps it protected for a longer life.

budongman

Re: Spare tire mount

http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Cargo-Control/Stromberg-Carlson/TR-1.html

My 1987 HILO had a rear bumper mounted spare tire carrier which served us well for 24 years. It had a custom fiberglass cover that housed the original which was used one time a few years back. The tire was still pliable and safe to use. We purchased a new North Trail 26ft last fall and my wife said the spare is vulnerable to damage. I found the above unit at e-trailer that will fit the 4X4 inch bumper. Add a cover and this should keep your spare safe and clean.

ucwinters

I took mine off and put in the front storage area of my 310QB. Slid it in to the middle and it doesn't take up that much room, and it also keeps it protected for a longer life.

That's exactly what I did w/ the spare on my 21FBS. Had the spare drag when backing the trailer into our driveway d/t a hump. It just sat way too low in the original spot for my liking.

Ed W.

wobly

This is exactly what I did after dragging the tire one time backing into the driveway.

GaryWT

I took mine off and put it in the back of the truck, plenty of room there. It dragged in and out of the driveway.

Ray55

I used a bumper mounted spare tire rack to put mine on the back bumper. Seems to work pretty good. I never drove the trailer with it mounted under the front bumper. Did not look like there was enough room under there for it.

PeternLiane

On our SOB we had the back bumper spare tire rack. It worked great. We'll see how the front spare works this summer on our new NT. We've only had one trip in the NT. Nothing bumped it so time will tell.