Gen Prep BH 3585

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just wanted to know what was included in the gen prep option? Also, is there any generator options available from the factory, preferably a desiel gen instead of propane.

Thanks

Northern Virginia
The generator prep in our Landmark included the sheet metal enclosure, the wiring (3#6 & ground) to a j-box outside the generator compartment (which also had two 30 amp 'push to reset' breakers, the transfer switch and the remote panel (Start, Stop, Prime and hour meter) inside the coach.

I installed my own lightly used 6500 watt gasoline Onan. I would have loved to get my hands on a low hour Onan diesel. I looked at several on ebay and had my doubts that I could get them to fit in the front compartment. If I ever get the chance and the price is right, I would take a stab at shoehorning it in.

John

jassson007

Ok just wanted to see if maybe others had put in something other than a propane unit and that it could be done. I do not want propane as that stuff is too expensive to run on during a 3 day tailgate party. Would rather spend a little more upfront and save a bit on fuel costs. Thanks for the info.

Northern Virginia
I am convinced that the gasoline is the way to go. We have run ours for 3-5 days for about 8 hours a day when dry camping. Gasoline is available everywhere. Try finding propane at 8PM Sunday evening. I will burn about 5 gallons a day with both ac's running.

John

K

karykatz

The Generator prep option icludes the following- Mounting box with vented floor, Start Switch, Transfer switch, Hour meter and wiring to connect coach to generator. Heartland only offers propane generator.

Hopr this helps.

jassson007

Thanks for the info John and Kary, really appreciate it. Just waiting to sell my SOB and S&B and this coach will be mine...lol!!

K

karykatz

Sounds Great. Cant wiat for you to join the Heartland RV Family!!!