Pilot Flying J Merger

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Here is some information I received from the Escapees website about Pilot and Flying J merging. http://www.pilotflyingj.com/default.aspx

Currenrtly the Flying J loyality card is only good at FlyJ locations but they hope to extend it to Pilot stations in the future. Some Flying Js were sold to Loves and will become Loves.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Some of the Loves that we've been in need some serious cleaning of the drives and inside the store.

beardedone

Beardedone
flying J has in been in financial trouble for a while and probably why the merger with Love's and maybe why they didn't have diesel in their tanks yesterday in my town.

BruteForce

I'm glad to read that Flying-J won't just close up. I'm a huge fan of their scales and Diesel refuel points.

I do however wish that they'd keep their asphalt a bit more clean. I blew out an inner-dually this past weekend and had to change it in their lot. Needless to say, everything was covered in black grease (floor mats, me, tools, etc).

Edited to add: And they're a local concern (HQ'd in Utah)..

debh

pilot and flying j merged but the government said NO to the sale going thru at first. said it would be to much of a monopoly. they made pilot sell off some of their locations before they would allow the merger to go thru. they sold only 26 locations out to loves.
http://www.truckinginfo.com/news/news-detail.asp?news_id=70883

i heard about the merger last summer and was kind of bummed about it. the flying js are always so much cleaner, newer and more parking than the pilots. pilots are hit or miss.

of course im looking at it from a truck driver perspective and the cleanliness of the showers is unmatched at a flying j. ive been stuck in some pretty dingey truckstops! IMHO the flying j will be going down hill with pilot management!

i hadnt realized the merge went thru till the other day. i pulled into the (former) pilot in binghamton, ny and fueled my truck only to find they changed. i had to jump thru hoops to get my fuel paid for as my comdata card for fueling is only opened to pilots!

truknutt

Committed Member
Stopped at the J in Clear Brook VA (I-81 VA exit 323). Remodeling has already begun and good & bad news for Rvers: RV RealValue Club card is still accepted but no more free dumping of waste. It costs $10.00 without a card and $4.95 with the RV RealValue Club card.