New 21 FBS, 2010 Tourage Tdi tow vehicle, left 3 days, no 12 V., no manual, dealer 250 mil away

lapdog99

Left the new trailer in storage for 3 days, I can't raise the electric tongue jack, connected or not connected to vehicle. pdf manual of little help. I don't believe this has a battery disconnect, if it does, I didn't activate it. Sure would like to use this thing. Any ideas?

irvin56

sounds like your inline fuse is blown or someone took it.
There should be a 30amp fuse holder in the line for jack. Check along the wire running from battery to jack. OR you left lights on, radio on, etc. in trailer and it drained the battery.

DO you have power for lights in unit. if so then it's got to be a fuse in jack.
May have to use manual crank on top of jack to raise, lower it.

I always disconnect power when in storage, as lp detector and other thing like fridge controls, etc, draw power with battery hooked up.

Good luck finding the problem. it should be a easy fix for future references

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Do you have any Jumper Cables? The electric tongue jacks are not wired through the converter so if your battery goes dead, you will need to either charge the battery or jump it from another battery to hook up. Maybe one of the jumper things that have a motorcycle battery inside. Adding a battery disconnect will help but you won't be able to leave the fridge going while not plugged in to AC.

lapdog99

Ray, thanks. I found the battery reading 2.5 V. and charged back to 13.5 V. and will try again. Any recommendations on a battery cut-off switch installation?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Won't the tongue jack work if you are plugged into the tow vehicle on the TV battery?

jhyatt

Lapdog99:
I also have the 2010 21FBS, but it came with the manuel jack and I replaced it with the electric jack. I haven't tried it with just the TV power, I have mine wired into the trailer battery power, so mine works any time I need it. There is no fuse on the jack itself, unless you install one in the wiring. There should be a manuel crank so you can raise and lower the unit.

Last edited by a moderator: