Spell Checker

jpmorgan37

christianson;

You're not alone. Lots of us can't spell.:eek: If you look to the right when you're writing a message, you'll see a ABC with a check mark in it. Download that little guy and it will fix most of our errors.:D Or-don't worry about it. We know what you're saying.

:) I'm happy for you and that your new Bighorn came through good. I hope that your upcoming trip out west is great. Enjoy the winter.

John

Last edited:

jbeletti

I noticed a post recently by jpmorgan37 about spell checking. He mentioned an "ABC" icon with a check mark under it in the upper-right corner of this image. This forum does not include it's own built-in spell checker but it does allow for the integration of one.

The ABC icon is is a spelling tool called ieSpell. If you see it when posting on this forum, this means you have installed the ieSpell application and that you are using Internet Explorer (the ie of ieSpell) or a browser based on Internet Explorer.

You can download this free application here.

Jim​

//heartlandowners.org/images/iespell_screen_image.jpg

jbeletti

Hi John,

Thanks for the reminder about spell checking. The forum has no built-in spell checker. But like you, all users can have one that integrates into the forum.

Details here.

Jim

ChopperBill

Not making fun of someone who cant spell. I am one of the worst! The Bighor thing just hit my funny bone. :) I use the Google tool bar with the spell check. I just started using FireFox because IE got spy ware that I couldn't seem to get rid of. Its gone now but I kind of like FireFox for several reasons. But, I cant seem to get iSpell to work on it but I think I like the Google checker better.

jbeletti

Hey Bill, thanks for the Google Toolbar tip for a spell checker for Firefox. Like you, I use Firefox almost exclusively. I'll have to try the spell checker.

Jim

ct0218

I had been using Firefox, but my son loaded the new Microsoft IE last month (he had an advance release) and I like it even better. It blocks better than the old IE, and he said it had several other advantages. And it has spellcheck.

K

Ken Washington

Hi Jim,
Will Firefox work in Outlook Express? I need spell check in both places. I down loaded eiSpell which will work here but it will not work in Outlook Express. Maybe someone can help with this issue.

Ken

ChopperBill

I think Outlook Express needs Microsoft Works or Word or something like that to make the spell checker work. I know Ispell wont work on OE. FireFox will bring up your OE just like in IE if you set it up to do so. Generally when you down load FireFox it takes all of your IE defaults and Bookmarks.

K

Ken Washington

ChopperBill,
What stopped my spell check was when I removed Microsoft Office. They bugged me so much to buy and upgrade that I decided to take it out. Stupid mistake! The only way to get it back is to buy something I won't use and don't need! I hate programs that are put in on a trail bases and than they bug the heck out of you to buy!

Ken

phranc

Ken try this http://www.iespell.com/
And I believe Kim Komando had a spell checker on her web site
www.komando.com search the site
Or you could use Thunderbird E'Mail program from Mozilla and the spell check is built in...
Or do a google search , there should be many for outlook express

phranc

Jim .. I see I get the 'ABC' icon when using IE, but not with Firefox which is my preferred browser. Learned something new .Good to have a spell check.

jbeletti

Ken,

Firefox is a web browser and Outlook Express is an email application. If you are asking about a spell checker for Outlook Express, I think Chopper Bill is on the right track in his post.

Merlin,

Thanks for the link to the spell checker for Firefox (and all other Mozilla based browsers). I downloaded the plug-in. When I am ready to quit, then relaunch Firefox, I hope to see Spellbound.

To all - I moved the spell checker posts from one of the Bighorn forums to this thread since it sort of took on a life all its own (thread-jacked!). Great discussion - thanks everyone.

Jim