Satellite Cable Problems

kbbagshaw

I have a 2009 3250TS and am now in the process of trying to set up satellite. I have been successful in getting reception in the living room but can't seem to get the bedroom TV working with satellite. There are 4 satellite connections but none seem to work with the bedroom. Is there a wiring plan available so I can trace down the problem?

jimtoo

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Outside in the UDC where the connections are. The two on the right went to cables in the roof for a roof top installation of a dish. The other two, one went to living room TV area and the other went to the bedroom TV area and it was terminated on the antenna amp panel. You might check the amp panel and make sure the cable is hooked up and has a good connection on it. Also if the amp is on,, it turns off the satellite feed in bedroom. This is on my 08,,, 3055 BH and I think they are all the same.

Jim M

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
HI Kevin if you scroll to the top of this page, look at tools, click there then click audio visial, select coaxial cable, you should find the wiring there. If you have two four sat conection in the udc then you need to jumer them in twos.

circusbear

We have a 2010 3250ts and didi the same thing. I ran the coax into the trailer at the udc to the living room tv satelite receiver. I then put a splitter between the receiver box and the living room tv running one line to the tv and the other to the cable outlet behind the tv on the wall. Next I opened up the acess panel in the basement behind the udc and found the splitter behind the basement cable hookup. I turned it around so the coax coming from the living room went into the splitter then the output went to basement cable hookup and the other went back to the udc. Finally I ran a small coax jumper wire from the cable input in the udc to the bedroom satelite fitting also in the udc. So simply I backfed the satellite signal through the cable system then back to the bedroom through the satelite wiring.
What this setup gives you is the three tv locations are on the same channel all the time. This seems to work for us as we only watch tv in the same location at one time. Good luck.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
I guess I should have read the orginal post more carefully, I presumed the sat system was roof mounted like ours...sorry Kevin no help here