Cherry Hill CG at Washington DC..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are planning to go Cherry Hill RV outside of Washington DC on Monday.

I was talking to some and they said it would be better to go down 95, 295, 495 through DC than take 495 around to the east.

We will be driving from Williamsburg VA.

I would like some suggestions from anyone familiar with the traffic around DC..

BC

Wharton

We live in Williamsburg and have found the 30 to 17 to 301 to 5 to 495 might be a better route. DC always has traffic jams unless your timing is perfect. We live in Williamsburg. If you want to talk about it send me a PM and we can meet/call this weekend.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The problem with DC is you never know what dignitary is moving where and hence their motorcade will screw up traffic. Not to mention the construction as the roads have to be perfect for our President and his crew.

mlburst1

Bob,

If you pass through Northern Virignia I-95N/495 Eastbound between 10AM - 2 PM, you'll breeze through.

Williamsburg is about a 3 - 3 1/2 hour drive from here so just plan your departure accordingly.

Have a safe trip!

Mike

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Just wanted to say thanks for the info about driving to Cherry Hill RV Park. We the 30 to 17 to 301 to 5 to 495 and it was an easy drive. Thanks to all that posted help.

One thing I found out... When we crossed the Potomac River on the Bridge on 301. Interesting part of the route. If you cross from Virginia to Maryland you just keep going. If you cross from Maryland to Virginia you have to pay $3.00 for 2 axle vehicles. Sorta sounds like if you leave us you have to pay. If you go to work in Virginia you have to pay, but we will let you come back. LOL. Intresting way to get revenue.

I also saw something else.

DSC_1984 [800x600].jpg

Intresting statement because I was going 55 and everyone else was doing 75. This was on 301, 5, 95 & 495.

BC

Wharton

Happy you had a good trip and it was an easy drive. One never knows when you recommend a drive how it will turn out.

Most bridges and tunnels(at least in the Northeast) are one-way tolls, they changed to that many years ago for whatever reason.

Regarding the 55 sign, during certain times of the day you will see 2-3 radar setups along the road. Again, I don't know the history.

Safe travels and maybe our paths will cross somewhere in the future.