2011 BH 3800 RD - Making it Right

gomcalli

I am a new Bighorn Owner. My wife and I bought this unit due to the layout and quality. Unfortunately we feel a little duped on the quality thing. We have used the unit for only 12 days and discovered a strong sewer smell that flooded the unit, after super sleuthing (heard a peeing noise I discovered blackwater streaming from below the unit). I had to have my wife and 8 month old son leave and stay at the in-laws until a solution was found.

I have contacted the dealer that sold me the unit and he has been trying to make it right. At this point in time he has brought a loaner unit and taken mine back to the shop for assessment. I know have been a little strong with them but at this point the shiny new penny feeling has disappeared,so I hope this is a quick turn around and we can be back on the BH street.

Does anyone have any past issues with blackwater leaks and suggestions in working with the dealer to expedite the repairs? The loaner unit is not very baby friendly and I really would like to move back into our unit.

jimtoo

Hi gomcalli,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am sorry your having a problem with your new unit. Hopefully your dealer will get things taken care of it for you. Being nice is one of the best things you can do in working with the service departments. Sometimes you need to be a little on the firm side, but you can do it in a nice way.

Enjoy the forum and let us know what was found to be the problem.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sorry to hear of your Black Tank issue. It's good to hear that your dealer is doing the right thing. Usually getting a "loaner" is unheard of.
I'm sure the tank problem will be resolved to your satisfaction. I'd really be interested in hearing what caused the problem. Please respond when you get your rig back.