Any Ar15 Addicts?

Pulltab

Just wondering how many of you guys are sporting AR15's in your collection? I have a Rock River Ar with DPMS 16" M4 upper, replaced trigger springs and Red/Green Dot scope.

Bighurt

I have a few friends with the S&W M&P15 and M&P15-22. All of them seam to like it although a few have since sold it. When you factor in the civilian price, some seam to be out just to make some quick cash.

I've considered making the purchase but don't have a use atm, other then to waste money...

I could use another hunting rifle but the M&P 15 isn't exactly what I want.

Cheers

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I don't want to admit ownership of the AR15 cause the government might come and take it away.

mtmax

I am a big fan of the "black gun". I have a RR with removable flat top. I use it to hunt coyotes and gophers. I am waiting on my form 1 to come back from BATF to build a suppressed SBR in 9mm on a Rock River lower.

Pulltab

I've had a black Colt AR15 Sporter since before Brady. Collapsible stock, short barrel. Unfortunately, no forward assist. Way back when, a bunch of us reservists (different branches) did free-lance OpFor operations for different units around the state. Was easier to have our own weapons and get blank ammo from them. Occasionally, we could score a M-60 and a case or two of smokes and grenade/arti simulators. We'd field those, along with riot shotguns (real police issue surplus), M-1's and a Mini-14 that looked like a Kalishnikov.

Pulltab

Duane, I love my RR! The upper that came with the rifle was a 20" stainless bull barrel with floating guard, it weighed a TON, I was more interested in the M4 barreled upper so swapped with a buddy who likes to hunt coyote and was drueling over the bull barrel.

I also have the Smith MP15-22 and it is a blast to shoot, a lot lighter and certainly cheaper to shoot than the .223. It also has a red/green dot scope and laser.

I have .22lr conversion kit for the Rock River but with the 1 in 9 twist it leaves a little to be desired in long range accuracy.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Ohhhhhhhh Did somebody say AR15:D

Say hello to my little friend.

I started out wanting to build a replica of the one I carried in combat but I think I got a little carried away with mine and now it's a really nasty looking little black carbine. Very accurate, and very comfortable to carry and shoot.

Roggio Arsenal Lower
DPMS lower parts kit
RRA NM 2 stage trigger
YHM Mil spec flat top upper with "T" marks
YHM Mil spec bolt
YHM 16" chome moly diamond fluted 1:9 twist barrel chamberd for 5.56 NATO
YHM Phantom 5C2 Flash Hider / Compensator
YHM Carbine Length Smooth free floating tube
YHM flip front and rear sights
VLTOR EMOD - Enhanced Carbine Modstock -Mil spec
Mil Spec Adjustable Carbine Buffer tube and H2 Buffer
4x32 Mil dot scope zeroed for 100 yds
Red laser zeroed for 5 - 10 yds
Ergonomic pistol grip
adjustable forward grip
Bipod
Tactical flashlight
Padded sling with quick disconnects
7 - 30 rd mags, yes I have a full combat load.

Coming soon....... A 37mm flare launcher. Closest thing you can legally get that looks like an M203 grenade launcher.

Oh and no the laser isn't in the sight picture for the scope like it's mounted here, can't see the laser at all in the scope.

IMG00616-20100620-0758.jpg

IMG00620-20100620-0759.jpg

IMG01198.jpg

porthole

Retired
I have a mini 14 that I had to remove the flash suppressor from because it had a pistol grip - New Jersey...........................
Have to settle with 10 round mags too.

Pulltab

I have a mini 14 that I had to remove the flash suppressor from because it had a pistol grip - New Jersey...........................
Have to settle with 10 round mags too.
That stinks! I had a mini 14 before we took off traveling back in 05. I sold it to a buddy so I still get to have visitation with it ;)

I had an AR-15 years ago and got rid of it due to kids in the house. Now the kids are gone and I just had to get an M-16. I love my Bushmaster. Fum to shoot and really imposing looking if the need arises,

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've had a black Colt AR15 Sporter since before Brady. Collapsible stock, short barrel. Unfortunately, no forward assist. Way back when, a bunch of us reservists (different branches) did free-lance OpFor operations for different units around the state. Was easier to have our own weapons and get blank ammo from them. Occasionally, we could score a M-60 and a case or two of smokes and grenade/arti simulators. We'd field those, along with riot shotguns (real police issue surplus), M-1's and a Mini-14 that looked like a Kalishnikov.

Curious! How did my post end up with PullTab's name on it???

jbeletti

John and Tab,

A few months ago, when we lost some forum posts, Michael Kidd created a process whereby most of the lost posts were recreated, except we were not able to recreate the posted by user info. Then he created a process whereby I could go in and change who a recreated post was by, if I first could manually identify the user. It appears in this case, I goofed and attribute one of Tab's posts to John by mistake. Oops. Sorry about that.

At least we figured out what happened. I had a hard time trying to figure out what you guys meant about the post names at first. Then it hit me as the only thing that could have happened :)

Jim

Pulltab

LOL, no problem Jim I think we were just confused over how it happened. Thanks for the explanation.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Yeah, I noticed on some other threads where you recovered files. Wondered what that was all about. Guess I can quit looking behind my computer screen for a Peeping Tab:D