Landing Gear Noise

Clint

I've noticed that on occasion when the landing gear legs are being extended, a clicking noise coming from the motor side. Has anyone else had this problem ? Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Two things come to mind. Either the bolts on the crosshaft are hitting something or more probably the flange on the gearbox is broken. The gearbox is plastic but they have an upgrade.

Also check out this google search. You will most likely find your answer here:
Landing gear search.

Dragoon

Possibly the nut on the shaft is coming loose. This happened to us. Replaced with nut that had nylon insert (both ends). No more problems. Hope this helps...

It is happening to us with our 2010 Eagle Ridge, but it then stops working. It will no longer go up or down any longer.
Our eagle ridge 10 is under warrenty until the 31. Is this something we should contact Heartland about? If so does anyone have a phone number.
We would contact our dealer but he is in Mn and this week we are in Charleston, S. C.
Does anyone have any other idea.

Ed and Dee Jackson

jdfishing

You state that there is an upgrade to the plastic gearbox. Is this supplied by Heartland or Lippert? My 2007 BH is on extended warranty and I'm having the clicking/slipping noise problem also. I'm taking it to my repair shop for some other issues and would like to give them some direction on how to best address this issue. My dealer no longer has a repair facility. Thanks

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It is happening to us with our 2010 Eagle Ridge, but it then stops working. It will no longer go up or down any longer.
Our eagle ridge 10 is under warrenty until the 31. Is this something we should contact Heartland about? If so does anyone have a phone number.
We would contact our dealer but he is in Mn and this week we are in Charleston, S. C.
Does anyone have any other idea.

Ed and Dee Jackson

You say you are still in warranty until the 31st. I would get into a dealer before then. Remember you don't have to go to your dealer you can go to ANY rv repair shop even if they are not a Heartland dealer as long as Customer Service authorizes it FIRST.

Thank you, we are looking for a dealer.
I called Heartland yesturday and talked to Erick. He said to get an estamate and get back to him.
we did find camping world but I`m not sure about them. They will not turn a claim in (they say Heartland does not pay there claims)
I find that hard to believe. I think a dealer is our best bet.

Ed and Dee

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You state that there is an upgrade to the plastic gearbox. Is this supplied by Heartland or Lippert? My 2007 BH is on extended warranty and I'm having the clicking/slipping noise problem also. I'm taking it to my repair shop for some other issues and would like to give them some direction on how to best address this issue. My dealer no longer has a repair facility. Thanks

jdfishing, look RIGHT HERE for your answer.

Peace
Dave