No insulation, heating, and AC...

gpshemi

The family has been enjoying the Cyclone this summer.

This weekend while at our resort, I was zip-tieing rope lights under the Cyclone (with my little boy's...ah..."help"). Much to my surprise, when I eventually crawled my way to the back, I noticed there's NO insulation in the floor AT ALL, and there isn't even Coroplast back there. I hate to be silly...but since there's beds back there, shouldn't there be at least SOME small effort into insulating it? Hahaha...

My plan is to get some 2" rigid foam board, a couple sticks of liquid nails, and go nuts. Unless someone else has a better plan. I might even order a couple sheets of Coroplast and cover the bottom to boot. Although, I've been seriously thinking about adding a second spare tire hoist raising the carrier up in the void too. I keep dragging it, and the rear jacks. So I'm not sure on that part yet.

I did a search, but it came up empty. Anyone insulate their garage? Is my plan valid? If you've done it...pics?

This fall's project was to extend the heater into the garage for the kiddies, but has anyone extended the AC as well? That seems like it would be a tough one. Might better add a second AC unit maybe.

Any "help" would be great....so long as you're over 7yrs old.

gpshemi

Thanks for the replies. I think if I was going to get that much money into it I'd just have it sprayed or get one of the DIY spray foam kits. They're just under $300 for 200sqft. Seems overkill though considering the application. Campers aren't highly sealed or insulated like brick and mortars are.

I'll hunt down Htneighbors thread...