Aisle Light switch

kennew1

I have a 2007 3400RL Bighorn and when you enter the 5th wheel on the right hand side there are two switches one says stairs and one says aisle light....I know where the stair light is but when I turn the aisle switch on nothing lights up...what is it suppose to be turning on??:confused:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your 2007 is like my 2008, there is a light on the ceiling above the door. Check to be sure that the switch on the light fixture is turned on.
That is the light that should turn on with that switch.

Peace
Dave

kennew1

I don't have a light in the ceiling...but thanks...I have tried every light and can't figure out what this one switch controls!! such a mystery!!

RoadJunkie

My BH has 2 switches on the lower step as you would ascend to the bedroom, one controls a ceiling light in the hall leading to the bedroom while the other illuminates the entrance (folding) steps from a recessed location at the top of those stairs. The latter is a yellow light similar to the running lights on the coach.

kennew1

I am wondering if the aisle switch controls the ceiling fan lights in the living room as that chain is so high in the air that a short person like myself couldn't turn the lights on without getting a longer chain or a ladder!!! Thanks for the input

Northern Virginia
That's a 12 volt switch so it going to control a 12 volt light. (The ceiling fan is 120 volts). Like others have said, mine controls the light that is close to the entrance door.

John

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
And unless it's dark or you're standing in front of it, you won't see the step/landing light is on. It's the same intensity as a side marker lamp and tucked inside the folding step recess.

SmokeyBare

Our 3400-RL has a standard 2 bulb light above the door. Perhaps it could have been missed in production.