weight of 3670 compared to 3600 RL

arisce

We presently have a BH 3600RL but I am impressed with the layout of the 3670 RL, which we saw a prototype of at the factory at last year's rally. I believe it is based on the 3600 RL frame and has the same number of slides, yet there is a weight difference of 960 lbs and a pin weight difference of 220 lbs. All other specifications are the same, so could you please explain the weight differences? Thanks.

arisce

I have been waiting over a month now for someone from the factory to reply to my question concerning the weight differences between the BH RL 3600 and the BH RL3670. Is anyone minding the shop?

jpmorgan37

Hi William;

Scott left this message last week. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=1835 I'm sure you'll get an answer when he gets back, or just call.

John

billd

I just downloaded the lates brochure from Heartlands web site. The 3600 and 3670 are not that far off in the new brochure.

3600RL Dry 11,880 lbs Hitch 1,980 lbs. GWVR 16,000 lbs.

3670RL Dry 11,900 lbs Hitch 1,990 lbs. GWVR 16,000 lbs.

I need to go weigh my 3670 to see its weight as loaded, but it is in storage right now.

Bill

tcbrady

The main difference in the weight is that the 3670RL uses a 12 inch I-beam frame and the 3600RL uses a 10 inch I-beam frame. Starting December 15, 2007 the 3600RL will use a 12 inch I-beam.

Hope this explains the difference and sorry for the delay in response but we have been out of the office the last 10 days at a big RV show

arisce

Thank you for the reply. I hope to see a new model of the 3670RL when we are in Indiana this May. It seems that many other manufacturers are following your lead and putting the bathroom in its own separate room. A smart idea if you have visitors.

Just got an up close and personal look at the 3670 @ the Cleveland R/V show and have to say it was one of the best looking coaches there....fit and finish were great and the wife loved the new kitchen design....The one thing I have to question; and it is THE only thing that keeps us from considering a Bighorn is the inconsistencies that I notice with interior amenities....such as lamps at the rear windows, glass doors on some cabinets and pics of coaches with all wood doors on others....seems as if they use whatever is available....Heartland's website shows kitchen table and chairs with padded backs....but each coach I've seen photos of or in the flesh so to speak were all wood..One style lamp on the website and another in real life.......what is up with this?

Shadowchek

Padded back chairs

I have noticed that in the Sundance brochure the dinning chairs have nice looking padded back chairs. I am getting close to ordering and wondering if it is an option or what? I hope it isn't just a tease because they sure look nice and comfy too.

fyrwlker

3370RL'ers
We just picked up our 3370 in January and got 5 dining room chairs and all have the padded backs. The brochure pictures showed wood backs so not certain why the difference. The chairs are great and even though we did not think we would use the 5th chair, we do use it a lot so if you get a chance, get it.