Select Comfort Bed

Geonkat

The bedroom slideout on the Bighorns we have seen measure out at 70 1/2" wide. Since king sized beds actually measure 72" wide, has anyone out there tried putting a regular king size bed in their Bighorn? We were thinking of buying a Sleep Number bed but aren't sure if the extra 2" width will work. Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Thanks!

whodoc

Hi, we just put our "generic" sleep number we bought at Costco in our 3410,,,,fits great, its a Cal-king too!
does take up a little extra room but it is so much more comfortable!
We have had this mattress in our house for 3-4 years and really liked it, couldn't see spending more money on one for the Bighorn, so we thought we would try it.
My son and I moved it in with taking it apart or deflating it, no more aching hips and arms. I believe the Cal-king measures 74X86????? the mattress with took out was 70X80. So I figured what's a couple inches? When we slide the mattress just compresses up against cabinet, its just foam and air mattress. Give it a shot, I'm glad I did.
Mark

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We installed the Camping World version of the select comfort bed. It measures 72X80. We extended the width and length of the bed platform so the select comfort had a "full platform" for support on the bolsters that surround the interior of the mattress. Works like a charm and is easier to make the bed cause the sides give a little. It's easier to squeeze the bedding into the slide walls.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We too just installed the RV Premier Edition from Camping World (can't be bought at regular Select Comfort stores), which is the 72x80 King...fits our platform perfectly. Only the slightest bit of overhang, maybe less than 1/2" on the sides, and is wonderful to sleep on...well worth the money!

Geonkat

Thanks for the feedback from everyone. FYI - for future reference to anyone else out there - we ended up ordering an Americana Bear Bed. They will custom make your bed any size you need for no additional charge; offer a lifetime warranty on it; and provide free UPS shipping. We had one for 6 years in our TT and it worked great; the pump is actually built into the bed so you don't have hoses/tubes going everywhere. Taking delivery of our 3410 this Thursday and can't wait to get our bear bed and get on the road!!!