Main Landing Gear Fuse Location

rmckee6

During set up this afternoon the main landing gear would not move to lift the camper off the truck. I first checked the battery power level. Since this is our 3rd set up with a new BC 3450TS I was very puzzled. I called the dealer and told the service manager what was happening. There was no sound when the switch was activated. He went out to a BC that he has on the lot to see where the fuse is located. He called me back within 20 minutes and told me the fuse is located behind the battery under the hydraulic unit. It is a micro 30 amp fuse. It was very difficult to locate. So if you don't have any on hand I suggest getting one.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I had the same issue with our new 3450TS...had to remove the battery cover to actually find the fuse! I have a box of fuses although I have not had to use any since the first incident.

Happy Camping!

Dave012

Had 6 extra, but had to use one today. Went a little too far in retracting the gear and blew one. Probably won't be the last time.

Wharton

I marked our front legs as to how far to raise them without over retracting them. Seems like a simple solution.

B

bwwalczak

This is a recent thing we have been forced to work with.

If your front jacks will not react when pushing the switch, the fuse could be blown. Our frame/front jack supplier is requiring us to to put this extra fuse in. To find the fuse, open the battery compartment door and look for the pink wire. There is an inline fuse (little black flip opening). Please use only fuses. We have some stories of people trying to use other "conductors".

It is always smart to keep some extra fuses.

JJnLilly

Had this pointed out to us on our PDI. The tech doing it raised the jacks too far and blew the fuse. He gave me an extra, but first time out I went too far and blew the fuse. Not too bad to crank it up. Now have a good supply of fuses and have marked the limits on the leg nearest the switch.

an additonal item you might check is the bar that goes across to the motor. The unit has a bolt to control both legs going up together. The nut can fall off and the legs will not move together. You might correct this will a nylon lock nut

archbarb

I am so glad I read this thread prior to picking up our new BC 3250TS. We picked the unit up about two weeks ago in Elkhart, IN.. After leaving Elkhart we stayed in Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina and will finish up in South Carolina tomorrow night, before arriving home in SE Georgia Saturday mid day.

Last night while setting up in Baileyton, TN., I pressed the front landing gear and all I heard was silence. I knew that wasn't good because it was starting to rain. Thankfully, after having read the above problem, I had bought the mini 30A fuses prior to picking up unit. WHEW!!

THANKS FOR THE FORUM INFO!!!!!!!

BTW this has been a great shakedown trip. We've seen beautiful country, met great people and had a great time. Thanks to Bryan and Ryan at Heartland for the plant tour and all the help.

Archie & Barbara

GOTTOYS

Is there any reason that I couldn't replace that 30 amp fuse with an auto reset 30 amp inline breaker? They usually reset themselves after you let them sit a couple minutes to cool down. That would sure beat fumbling with a fuse. Don

B

bwwalczak

When a short or an over load condition occurs an auto reset breaker trips, and when it cools down it re-sets itself. If the occurrence is a direct short instead of an overload condition it will continue to re-set itself over and over again this short cycling can overheat the wiring leading to other issues. That is why NEC code requires us to use fuses or manual re-set circuit breakers.

GOTTOYS

Picked up some spare fuses for the landing gear when I took delivery on the new 3250 BC. Didn't pay any attention to the price as I was getting a few hundred bucks worth of other "must haves". Picked up the box of fuses today to store them in the camper. Looked at the label...Small sealed box with 2, count em 2, 30amp mini fuses in it...$4.95...Last 2 cents their parts department will get out of me!...I might have gotten a good deal on the trailer but gimme a break!....I think I'm going to send them an e-mail and question that price...Don

Gary521

I have a 2008 BH3055 with auto reset fuse on the landing gear power wire. The wire is also black in color. When was the change in the code or why was mine wired this way?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've looked all over my landing gear wiring and still can't find any ATC or inline fuse holder in the system, unless they hid it inside a bulkhead wall. I think the single, resettable fuse/breaker on the buss behind the battery is actually connected to the hydraulic pump for the slides.

branson4020

Icantre Member
My 2009 BH 3385 has no inline fuse. It does have an auto-reset 30A DC circuit breaker just like shown in this Heartland engineering drawing

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
On closer inspection, the breaker with the reset button IS in the landing gear circuit on my BH.

Picked up my 2011 3250TS 1 week ago while unloading from dealers truck, and loading to my truck, blew two fuses. Fuse is located on curb side front compartment with landing gear tank and fluid. Since that time I watch when retracting the jacks only to the stop that is on the jack. It is a piece of flat bar steel on the jack to stop it from retracting too far. Since that time I have not blown a fuse, and for the recored the last time I blew a fuse I only had a 20 amp to replace the 30 amp and have not blown out the 20 amp.