DVD/Radio Light far too bright and NOAA deactivate

robertjoy

I'm having problems with the DVD/Radio in our new North Trail 23ft TT.
When the trailer is not being used NOAA activates and drains the battery.
Also at night the background light on the DVD/Radio is far too bright and is most annoying.
I asked the Service Manager about these problems and his only suggestion was to disconnect the battery so NOAA will not activate and hang a cloth over the DVD at night so to hide the brightness.
I really do not consider his reply to be satisfactory.
Does any body know of a way to power off the DVD/Radio or deactivate the DVD/Radio and or switch off NOAA when it's not needed?

Robert

jimtoo

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

There have been several threads started about the NOAA radio. Click on This link to see if this will help you. I think it will.

I am moving this thread to a different area also. More in line with your question. Our search feature on the forum works really good, so don't hesitate to use it help you find answers.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Jellystone

robertjoy,first off-welcome to the owners forum. On the battery drain issue,get you a battery disconnect & hook it up to your coach battery. When you are not using the camper,flip the disconnect switch and it saves the battery from draining down. Stereos,LP detectors, lights accedentialy left on inside, etc. will all drain a battery down while the camper is not in use. Camping World or any decent automotive or RV/marine dealer will keep them in stock. Easy install and inexpensive.

robertjoy

Thanks Jim, I actually used the search and it came back with no thread. It looks as if a switch to disconnect the battery when the TT is not being used will solve the NOAA issue. as far as the bright light on the Radio/DVD I'm guessing we'll need to cover it up with a cloth as it's dazzling at night, very bad design in my opinion. The Heartland TT is our weekend rig and days off rig as it's too complicated to move our 5th Wheel Cameo every time we want to see a change of scenery.