A/C vibration.

tmcran

The last couple of days I have noticed vibrations from the A/C. Vibrations occur with the fan only or the compressor running. Can feel it in the walls and in the rear bathroom. I have removed the bottom of the A/C inside and removed some mud dubbers nest on the squirrel cage and on other places. Went up top and remove the shroud and found a few there . The fan turns freely as well as the squirrel cage. No grinding or particular sound. Cools very well. I did tighten the four bolts on each conner of the A/C one was a little loose. Not sure that did much...any ideas?

jpajax

Be sure that you look real close at the fan inside the stroud on the back of unit on top. they can get in there. Also have found that if the top cover gets lose it will vibrate.

tmcran

I did check the fan well and nothing there. The vibration was there even with the shroud off. Confusing!!!

cjhicks

Just had the same problem on our Bighorn, checked everything and found no mud daubers nest ,checked the mounting bolts and found two that needed a little snugging up. Started up the AC and it was still vibrating let it run for about a hour and it got worse. So went back up on the roof and removed the AC cover this time I found one of the mounting bolts on the motor had broken off. So I took the trailer to dealer and they found a large mud dauber nest on the front of the fan blade that you can not see with out taking the fan blade off of the shaft so you might want to take a look at yours.

tmcran

Just had the same problem on our Bighorn, checked everything and found no mud daubers nest ,checked the mounting bolts and found two that needed a little snugging up. Started up the AC and it was still vibrating let it run for about a hour and it got worse. So went back up on the roof and removed the AC cover this time I found one of the mounting bolts on the motor had broken off. So I took the trailer to dealer and they found a large mud dauber nest on the front of the fan blade that you can not see with out taking the fan blade off of the shaft so you might want to take a look at yours.

I'll need to check again on the mounts--but I recall they were ok.. Also the fan blade again...

tmcran

Update--I pulled the shroud off on top and re-checked the mounts and etc, all was good. Calvin, I checked the fan again and could not see anything. I took a small mirror were I could see the front of the fan and guess what??? Mud dabber nest on the front of the fan just off center of where the shaft goes into the fan. No way to see without a mirror. Removed and cleaned it up... no more vibrations.. Thanks Calvin for the idea.