Bummer Bummer Bummer

gawelsh

The delivery of our new Mt Rushmore has been delayed by a week - the manifolds for the hydraulics have to be replaced. We had planned a trip to Urbanna VA next week, too, for the Oyster Festival - fortunately, Heartland is reimbursing us for our forfeited prepaid camp site. But the $$ is the least of our concerns at this point....we are just so disappointed. I wonder why this problem wasn't caught before it left the factory ? Oh, well - we'll get over it. Keep your fingers crossed that we can take delivery either next Thurs or Friday....just in time to put it away for the winter.:(

phranc

still time

Geo & Lindsey... What a bummer .. Cause you would have loved the oyster festival.. We went last year and stayed at Grey's Point CG, near Bethpage CG. Good park ...
Hatteras is not crowded this time of the year and is not much farther than Urbanna. Perhaps you'll have the time when the Landmark arrives..

http://www.camphatteras.com/

vangoes

Gawelsh..........I think it says something for Heartland in that they are reimbursing you for your deposits. Albeit, the coach issue should not happen............things do happen and the company is trying to make it right. Congrats Heartland!

gawelsh

George and I agree - Heartland is awesome , regardless of this delivery 'glitch'. We hope to pick it up late next week - it will be too late to take a trip to Grey Point or BethPage - they close mid-Nov and I can't get time away from work. BUT - we'll take it out in early Spring , before it's time to travel to Elkhart for the Rally !

gawelsh

New Delivery Date !!

Keep your fingers crossed - our '07 Mt Rushmore is now scheduled for delivery on this Friday Nov 3. THe slide hydraulics have been replaced and it's ready to be picked up !! After we bring it home, we'll move all of our housewares and RV'ing 'goodies' into it , before we show it off to our friends - we'll be holding informal "open house" all weekend, before we move it to its winter storage site.

We did buy a Tyvek cover for it .... do you recommend leaving our roof vents open (under their MaxxAir covers) while stored for the winter ??

jbeletti

George and Lindsay,

Hope the second time is a charm for you!

Never heard of leaving roof vents open, even if under MaxxAir covers. Sounds like a risk but perhaps there's good reason to do so.

Jim

gawelsh

It's Here !!

The Mt Rushmore is out in front of our house, as I type this !!! We spent all day Friday at the dealer in Va (Safford RV) getting our F350 fitted with the Reese 18K hitch and getting the "walk-thru" with our salesperson, Joe Carrera, who is experienced, low-key and all-'round wonderful to work with. Of course , we get home last nite after dark and back this monster RV down our street ( we live on a cul-de-sac and can't turn around) - we t eoe

gawelsh

What Happened ??

Mid way thru my post, it seems it got "sent" - anyway, we about took out a neighbor's mailbox and dug a huge trench in our yard, when the RV wheels went "astray" - THEN we backed down the street with the rear stabilizer bars part-way down and bent the heck out of one side - it' been Baptism by Fire around here !!!:eek:

We moved all out stuff in the unit today - tomorrow, we store it. To make a long story short - we've had an unbelievable couple of days, we're exhausted, and it's been a blast - so far, we're still married, too !!!