Judy's Having Surgery

Jerry Nelms

Traveler
We had a great time at the Nashville Rally and enjoyed meeting so many Heartland owners and making many new friends. While we were there Judy shared with many of you that she was going to have surgery for kidney stones, a total of 7 with the largest being approximately 1.25" in diameter. Well, we now have a time and a date. We are to be at the hospital this Friday @ 5:30 a.m. Not sure what time she will actually have the procedure but it will be in the morning. We are feeling much better about this since we were informed that her doctor performs 3 of these less invasive surgeries every Friday. She will be in the hospital until Sunday if all goes well and will have to rest for the first week and can go back to her shop the second week but do nothing strenuous.

GETnBYE

Feel better soon Judy. Will be thinking about you on Friday and then for a speedy recovery.
We are the other couple from Alabama. I am glad we got to meet you both on the Opry bus, to bad we didn't have more time to get to know you better.
Take care,
Anita

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Jerry and Judy,
We sat accross from you one night at the rally.

Judy will be in our prayers tomorrow.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Gosh Jerry - I forgot that Judy said she was having kidney stone problems. I will put both of ya'll on our prayer list. Let us know how Judy is doing. B--

loafer

Judy
Hope all goes well may Gods hand work thru the surgeons and heal you.
looking forward to hearing you are doing well
Bill and Maureen

dieselsweetheart

Good luck Judy!!!! May you be on the road to a great recovery...can't be any worse than having those stones in the first place!!!! Rest well and let us know how you are doing!!!

Jerry Nelms

Traveler
Judy is home and doing well. We arrived at home about noon yesterday. Both of us are glad to be home and to be rid of the stones. Judy got a great report on Saturday, she was told that the kidney is clean following x-rays earlier that morning. It is amazing how far this surgery has come. They removed the seven stones through a hold the size of your thumb in her back. Although it is less invasive, it is still major surgery as explained by the doctor. He stated that the surgery they performed was the same that in the past required the large incision from near the navel to the back. She was extremely sore through last night but is feeling like she is on the way to recovery today.

The entire process begin on Friday @ 5:30 a.m. with her being prepped at 6:30 a.m. Following a cystiscope, the insertion of a tube in her back and the surgery, which involves ultrasonically braking the stones up and vacuumimg the chips out through the tube, she made it to her room at 2:45 p.m. Friday and Saturday were difficult days with the drugs, the tube and wire in her back, and the continuous draining around the tube. The tube was removed Sunday morning and she was allowed to go home about two hours later.

While we were there, we discussed the process with the nurses and found out that Judy's doctor teaches this procedure to Doctors all over the world. Both of us would highly recommend University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital in Birmingham, AL and Dr. Burns if anyone needs stones removed in the future, especially those that are full-timers.

We want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers during this process and look forward to seeing everyone next year in Goshen if at all possible.

This is from Judy : Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts during this difficult time, I know God brought Cindy M. and I together that last night in Nashville, so we could be a support to each other.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Judy - glad to hear that you are slowly on the mend. Take it e-z and see ya camping soon.
B--