Traveling to Central America with RV caravan

Garry & Bev

travel bug
Have any of you traveled with an RV tour company called Adventure Caravans or know of anyone who has? If so what was your experience with this company and would you recommend them.
Also have any of you traveled with your rv through central america?
We are looking at the trip for 72 days going from Texas to the Panama and want to make sure this is something we want to do.
Bev

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Have any of you traveled with an RV tour company called Adventure Caravans or know of anyone who has? If so what was your experience with this company and would you recommend them.
Also have any of you traveled with your rv through central america?
We are looking at the trip for 72 days going from Texas to the Panama and want to make sure this is something we want to do.
Bev

Me personally, I wouldn't go into Mexico with or without my RV at this point in time. I know the caravan companies may say it is safe but remember that is how they make their money. I know it sounds like fun but hmmmm. MHO

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I took a look at their site. They must live under a mushroom if they think Mexico is safer than the U.S. Remember, in Spanish, your Canadian license plates translate into "RICH NORTH AMERICAN." (Dragging many things of value)

ralphpam

Tracks to Adventure RV Caravans has canceled all Mexico tours until further notice. Having worked for a caravan company and having done many Mexico tours, we would not go down there right now.

Garry & Bev

travel bug
Thanks for all the good advice. We were looking at it, but not for awhile. We think that the trip would probably be too intense and as many of you have pointed out, it could get a little risky. It would be an interesting trip, but there are other ways of doing it.

ann1951

As you might remember Ann and I have not been that far South (rv'ing) but what you hear
about traveling there is some good some bad we have friends in our camping club they go
to Baha Mexico every year, no clue where it is, and they say it is no problem.
Ann and I would not do it, they asked us to come along but no.
What ever you do we like to see you next year at the AB rally.
Take care Joe (ps how was the wine)

Garry & Bev

travel bug
As you might remember Ann and I have not been that far South (rv'ing) but what you hear
about traveling there is some good some bad we have friends in our camping club they go
to Baha Mexico every year, no clue where it is, and they say it is no problem.
Ann and I would not do it, they asked us to come along but no.
What ever you do we like to see you next year at the AB rally.
Take care Joe (ps how was the wine)

Hi Joe,
Good to hear from you. Garry asked me to send you an email to thank you for the wine and that it was very good. I did try sending an email to the address I had and for some reason it came back to me. If you could email me with the correct email address that would be great.
Take care,
Bev

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just remember going to Mexico is nothing like going to Canada. I have never been accosted by "vendors" in Canada as I have been in Mexico. I have never be approached in Canada to buy drugs (illegal) like I have in Mexico. Until the Mexican government decides to get serious about helping their citizens be able to make a living and gets serious about their law enforcement of their drug problems I will not be visiting them. The must be able to assure the safety of their 'visitors' and tourists if they want to keep them coming. When our State Department issues a travel advisory then I say stay away. (I will climb off my soap box now)