303 Cleaner wax is it worth the $$$$$$$$$$$$

Sailor

Well I am ready to put the first coat of wax on the new GC. I always like to use best product best, because I believe that it saves money and time in the long run. I also don't like to switch product applying different products one on top of the other. I would like to hear from anyone that has used the 303 product. Is 303 worth the cost? I was also trying to find out if this a spray on product, or a liquid past that you have to rub on, and off with a lot of effort? What are the directions for use? Is it safe to use on the decals?

Thanks for any input!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have not used 303 wax but I have used their Aerospace Protectant. It is the only vinyl protection I use. Good Product!

noobee

I don't believe 303 makes a wax... same as Ray, I use their Protectant product on my tires, slide rubber seals & the roof vent covers. We also use their Fabric Guard on the sofa and chairs.

CS

ralphpam

Only thing we ever used on a 9 year old motorhome and it looked like new when sold and on all of our boats. Spray it on and wipe to spread it evenly - done! A little goes a long way and can be used on the other things people are mentioning. It is great on decals!

SilverRhino

Been using their products for a few years. As others have said....easy to apply, won't yellow, safe for decals and although it is pricey it does go a long way. When you think you have applied about a third of what you need....Stop....it will be enough. If you apply too much...it leaves kind of an uneven haze behind that you can only remove with a towel with a little 303 on it.

I usually apply it twice a year. Really makes the road grime and bugs easier to wash off!

Travel Safe!

Sailor

Thanks for all of the info. So if I understand this correcly there is no need to wax when using 303 Protectant if starting with a shinny surface?

SilverRhino

Thanks for all of the info. So if I understand this correcly there is no need to wax when using 303 Protectant if starting with a shinny surface?

You are correct.....the 303 will protect your rig all by itself.....I usually wash mine in the drive at home and then apply the 303 at our storage area.....unit is under cover and out of the sun.

Travel Safe!

Bobby A

I just seen this thread/post and I am curious, I do you the 303 protectant on the tires and slide seals and decals and it works great, however I'm wondering, do people use this same product as a substitute for wax ??

Bobby A

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
After reading the instructions, it sounds like the original "Karate Kid" exercise. Wipe on, wipe off. With a 38ft rig, that's a lot of wiping. And unless you've got a pole barn, how do you do it "out of direct sunlight" ?

SilverRhino

After reading the instructions, it sounds like the original "Karate Kid" exercise. Wipe on, wipe off. With a 38ft rig, that's a lot of wiping. And unless you've got a pole barn, how do you do it "out of direct sunlight" ?

My drive runs North to South and I do have a tree on the West side. If I do it in the drive, I do the West side first thing in the morning and the East side in the evening just before it gets dark. Usually I wash in the drive and 303 in storage, large pole barn.

You are correct, it is a lot of wiping! After doing it a couple of times, I went to Home Depot and bought a 14" window washing blade with a removable micro fiber cover. The unit attaches to a painters pole so it is easy to reach all the way to the top. I have two covers, one to apply and the second to buff....works pretty well!

Travel Safe!

Last edited:

Vtxkid

I been using 'Protect All' from wally world. The first time I applied it, the original intent was to use it on the front cap after each trip. I found it to be so easy to apply that I wound up doing all four sides of the RV that day... Discussed it with fellow RVers at work and they recommend 303 if I liked ProtectAll. I looked into the reviews online and decided to buy a gallon of 303 myself. Haven't used it on the RV yet but have used it on my motorcycle seats and love the results!

happykraut

I hear that the 303 Space-age Protectant is the best. Who has the best price? Camping World is too pricey for me.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
What impressed me most with the 303 Protectant is how easy the bugs wiped off the front cap. I applied 2 coats to the front cap a few weeks ago. When I arrived at the campground I hopped up on the truck bed and wiped the bugs off with a wet rag. It was effortless. I was surprised. I did not need to rub hard or scub like a mad man. They just wiped right off. It was great. Worth the money!!!

aatauses

I have never used 303 on the rig---only for seals, tires,etc. I do use a product called Nu-Finnish---it is not a wax, but a ployimer binder and it works great. However after what I heard here, I may start to use the 303??
al

happykraut

I didn't know either that it can be used on the rig. The reason I purchased it is for the rubber, plastic, vinyl etc. products.