Dinette conversion...how?

gpshemi

This might be an increadably dumb question...but I shoot it out anyway.

Per above...the table drops down to the lip, but what do you do for cushions to fill the center area?

BRLJAL1

If you have the booth style table, the cushions on the back of the bench fill in the table. Hope that helps.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
the cushions that form the backrest of the dinette seat are laid on top of the table between the two seat cushions...

gpshemi

Well...I'll double check...but I'm not sure how that's possible. All my other trailers worked that way, but this one seems to have the back cushions fixed upright. They seem sewn and stapled in that way. They don't seem to be loose cushions. The backrest on the one side is clearly sewn into the backrest of the couch too. I'll post back I guess...

gpshemi

ok. The cushions on the back of the booth definetly do not come off. Neither do the cushions on the couch or it's backrest. So back to my original question...how do you fill the center, cover the table, and bring it all to the same level??? I'm seriously confused...and I'm a Mechanical Engineer! LOL...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
At this point I suggest you ask the moderator to move this to "Ask the Factory"...we're out of ideas....

jimtoo

OK,,, Done,, but you might edit your first post to include your interior, just in case it makes a difference. Or any options you added or changed.

Jim M

gpshemi

Nothing added, changed, or special options. Just a regular air couch and a booth with the standard two legged table that drops down. Shouldn't need further detail I don't think. We'll see what they say. Thanks.

yuri_rage

I have the exact same question. I, too, am pretty mechanically inclined, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the cushions to make a bed once the table is lowered onto its lip.

tcbrady

There should be a rectangular filler cushion for the dinette. We had a 30 day period when we started this combo dinette (on 3612 and 3812 floorplans only) where we did not send out the filler cushion. Please get me your address and interior decor and I'll have a filler cushion sent to you. Sorry for confusion and inconvenience!

yuri_rage

There should be a rectangular filler cushion for the dinette. We had a 30 day period when we started this combo dinette (on 3612 and 3812 floor plans only) where we did not send out the filler cushion. Please get me your address and interior decor and I'll have a filler cushion sent to you. Sorry for confusion and inconvenience!
Who posted this? I would like to send a private message, but it looks like the forum hiccuped!

gpshemi

No hickup...

tcbrady
user-offline.png
Director of Sales – Fifth Wheels

gpshemi

Recieved the cushion last night that completes the dinette conversion. Makes alot more sense now. However, now I have a loose cushion of fairly good size to find a place for. LOL

porthole

Retired
keep mine under the bed in the master bedroom. There is just enough room for the cushion and the filler board.
I also took a piece of plexi I had and lay it on top of the cushion, helps for the bed to slide over it.
You have to hinge the boards under the bed to take advantage of this.

While you are at it, add some self stick floor tiles to make the mattress easier to move around.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=123816&viewfull=1#post123816