New Hitch

jpajax

About to bite the bullet on a new hitch. It is the Mountain Master air ride 18000lb. Looks like a real well made and thought out hitch. I like that it has the forward and aft. cushion as well as the vertical. Not cheap but the BH ant ether so maybe it will save it on these bad roads. Any one know anything about this hitch?

jpajax

Well here is the report on the new hitch. It was a big difference in the way the camper pulled it had very little chucking and it took a whole lot of the bounce out when you hit were they stooped the new paving before the bridges and those uneven joints in the road. DW feels much more at ease with the pin catcher that the hitch has. Was a short pull will post update after a longer pull also here are some photos. Had too raise the hight form the top of rails to the top of plate too 15.5" too get the camper level. The nice thing about the pin catcher is if comes out it can not come out of the catcher side too side when it is in the catcher.

Attachments

• 0729101259.jpg
    0729101259.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 0729101304.jpg
    0729101304.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 0729101259b.jpg
    0729101259b.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 55
  • 0806101345.jpg
    0806101345.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 52

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
So, unless you've got a chain hoist or a bunch of friends without back problems, that puppy ain't coming out, is it?

porthole

Retired
Well I think I had a senior moment when I said 135# it is more like 235# sorry.

Sounds more like it from the picture you posted ;)

So, unless you've got a chain hoist or a bunch of friends without back problems, that puppy ain't coming out, is it?

Exactly! Only comes out once a year even with the winch. My garage is a side entrance and with the trailer in the driveway I barely have enough room to get in and out with the truck.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/10764-Superglide-hitches-are-heavy?highlight=superglide

jpajax

Mine is not a work truck so I just leave it in but If I have too remove it just pull the four pins get the tractor with front bucket and chain and set er out. But when it's in and camper is hooked up have the peace of mind that it will handle it safely.

WilmanJim

That's the great thing about Full timing. You have to leave your hitch in your truck and you have the excuse to tell the wife she can go shopping all she wants. She just can buy anything because we have no place to put it. Works for both of us. Gives us more money to travel.
It worked for awhile, till the wife found out about ordering online and having delivery sent to the kids. It was fun while it lasted. :)