1st Montana Heartland Rally

mtmax

Since we don't have our own Montana Chapter forum I'm posting this here. If a moderator wishes to create us our own forum and move this thread please feel free.

Date: 7/18/2010 - 7/23/2010
Attendees: Bob and Patty , Tracy and I

We have had a great time with Bob and Patty, they are very nice folks. It was a great several days, with some great new friends. Lots of conversation, laughter, stories, and (great) food.

Here are some photos from our days at Spring Creek.

4819400987_1929e323fa.jpg

4819383953_389762af8f.jpg

4820027498_51cccbe07a.jpg

4820019750_9d571efa80.jpg

4819384849_c688cb3277.jpg

This following picture does no justice to the turn of events that lead to Bob in the irrigation ditch. Let me see if I can paint a picture for you.

Bob attempts to walk a 104 lb. Chocolate Lab across a cattle guard that spans the mighty irrigation ditch. The only way to cross the grate with Stinky in tow is to walk across a narrow piece of mesh on the far edge of the cattle grate. About half way across, the lab decides it wants into the water, and that it can't wait until it reaches the other side. It leaps from the edge of the cattle guard, still attached to its leash, which in turn is still attached to Bob's arm. Bob stumbles trying to regain his balance but the determination of this lab overpowers Bob's fight to stay dry. Bob falls backwards from the cattle guard, leash still in hand. After surfacing, and regaining his breath he realizes the dog just pulled him from his perch 4 feet above the surface of the water. The remaining 4 of us "dry folk" bit our tongues to keep from laughing. The humor of the turn of events overcame Patty and she decided to snap a few pictures of Bob trying to return to shore, with his flip flop in hand. Bob suffers from a bruised ego, a lost hat, a good scrape to his forearm and ankle, and the ridicule of what will soon to be all Heartland owners nationwide.

Without further ado....
4819392395_86c55fb94e.jpg

4820018660_6128d2c688.jpg

"Are you going to take your dog for a swim again Pops?"
-- Lynn, Campground Host
4819403803_0c6b2456d7.jpg

To view the rest of the pictures from our stay at Spring Creek click here.

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have always said Labs love water so much they will climb in a glass of water if they could. Thanks for sharing the photos. I needed a good chuckle.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Thanks Jim....wish you were here. BTW, the hat was a goner. By now its probably in the Yellowstone River heading down stream to the Mighty MO. Stinky(Savage) is our daughers dog. This crazy dog will jump into a rain drop. All the physical damage will heal up quickly.

CRLYHDS

WTG Bob you are an awesome adventurer, I'm glad you weren't hurt. Photos and story are great! Bob, we have 3 Labradors that love to go swimming if it gets to hot in Temucla.

Bob&Patty

Sometime I will get even with Jonas. All in all we had a great time with Jonas and Tracy. As far as Stinky goes, he's on a 1 month suspension from any water sports. The weather was great the whole week. Mid 70's, rain on wednesday and Thursday nites but beautiful blue skies the next day (Big Sky Montana).

Hannah, bring the puppies, you hold the leash, and I will show you where the irrigation ditch is. NOOOOOOOO PROBLEM. That water was COLD.

jimtoo

Hi ElkStalker,

I do not think we have a chapter leader yet for that area. If your interested, I'm sure Jim B would like to talk to you.

Jim M

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hello Bob enjoyed the pictures next time you and stinky decide to go swimming wear a swim suit,or was that a Saturday bath (just kidding) glad your OK TRAVELER07

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Hi, everyone from Montana!!!!

At this time we have zero Heartland Owners Club members in Montana. Ain't that a shame, 'cause I know there's lots and lots of Heartland rig owners out there!!! Anyway, in order to have a Chapter Leader you have to have a chapter and in order to have a chapter you have to have club members. So, how about it, call all your friends who own Heartlands and urge them to join the HOC. You, too!!! We'd love to have you.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Ok Julie, Just went to sigh up but the closest chapter is CO. so what do I need to choose to get something going in the MT/WY area?

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Until a state/province has a club with a chapter leader, a club member is "defaulted" into a state/province with a chapter leader for communication purposes. This is to ensure that all club members are contacted by a chapter leader and invited to rallies, etc. No orphans!!!

At such time that a Chapter Leader steps forward for a "defaulted" state/province, all club members with a mailing address for that state/province will be contacted and asked if they would like to join their new home chapter.

However, any club member can elect to belong to any chapter that has a chapter leader. Most folks choose their home state/province, but it could be the state/province they visit most often during rally season.

Also, any club member from any state/province and/or chapter can attend any rally any where, any time. I have been to a couple of east coast rallies with club members from the west coast. I love that.

Anyway, to your situation. New members from Montana currently default to the Colorado chapter leader for communication purposes. If you join and would like to volunteer to be Chapter Leader for a brand new Montana Chapter email me at club@heartlandowners.org

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Great explaination Julie and I see that you graduated "with honors" from the Beletti school of arm twistin'! Way to go and hopefully someone will step up and give those in the area a chapter of their own.

grizzlygiant

There are at least two of us Heartland owners here in northern Idaho which is only a few miles from Montana. I, for one, would be interested in Montana-centered activities.

Bob&Patty

Rick and Dick,(thats an ol' 50's group) there ain't no walking "Stinky". When he see's water......it's all over. On the other hand he loves to play snow plow. Good all around dog.