Holes in trailer frame necessity

babycampers

Why must there be all those 3/4" dia. holes on the front and rear ends of the travel trailers, as well as one on each side near the back end? I am having a constant battle w/mice entering there and using the underbelly as a home. What with the wiring exposed there and the entrance holes into the subfloor for plumbin/elec. I can't believe Heartland doesn't see this as an issue for owners.:confused:

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I would suspect that a few squirts of spray foam would take care of those holes and keep the mice from coming in. Seems simple enough.

Good luck,
Mark

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Try using a piece of screen, taped over the hole, and then apply the spray-on foam over that. Gives it something to adhere to instead of just falling into the underbelly. A quick fix is to put some Gorilla tape over the smaller holes until you can get to them. Some of us have made rubber covers to close off the holes for the hydraulic rams on our slides.

Another place to seal off is around the front jack legs. I'm going to pack around them with some foam padding while it's in storage. Need to close off the space between the front wall and the frame in that area, too. Big opening they can get through.

Some will swear by Bounce dryer sheets. My experience is that if the mice get in, they'll use them for toilet paper.