User Banned and Why

jbeletti

Notice to all,

As of this evening, I have banned user “Wild Wind” as a registered user of this forum. As the owner of the forum, I set goals and direction for the forum. Therefore, I am responsible to myself and all users to stay on the path I have set. While many of Clarence’s comments on the forum have been helpful to others, many of his posts continue to be venomous. Those who follow the forum know Clarence’s feelings about his coach and Heartland. Yet, he has felt compelled to reiterate it all too often. And I for one have become very tired of it as the continuous rant is serving no useful purpose.

Banning prevents a user from logging onto the forum with registered user privileges. It does not remove threads started by the user or responded to by the user. As such, we will all continue to have the benefit of all of Clarence’s past communications on this forum.

In 2 years of operation, this is the first time I have banned any user from this forum. I am going into detail about this to let everyone know that I take a matter like this very seriously and that I am not quick to take such action.

That said, after much patience, counsel, warnings and deliberation, I have taken this action. Clarence has being notified by email of this action as he is no longer able to read the message on the forum.

Jim Beletti
Owner/Admin
Heartland Owners Forum

davebennington

Thank You

Thank you Jim. I for one was tired of the constant *****in and belly achin, when the folks at Heartland are trying to bend over backwards to fix any problem anyone has. (Just my opinion).

Dave

ct0218

He had problems, and apparently many of them. Every vehicle manufacturer has "lemons". For example, I have had no problems with my GMC, yet some have nothing but problems with theirs. As long as vehicles are built, there will be problems. That being said, I, for one, stopped reading any of his posts as of late. I already knew the content based on his previous posts, and I read the forum for its constructive criticism, not rehashing what has been rehashed. Jim, thank you.

K

Ken Washington

Hi Jim and All,
You did the right thing! It should have been done earlier but you gave him a chance to see that we were getting tired of his winning! Let's keep on trying to help each other and have fun doing so!

Ken

jpmorgan37

Jim;
I have enjoyed and appreciated this forum and the tone of most of the participants. There have been a few times that I felt like leaving the forum, as you know, but have stayed. I've lost my patience long before you did and regretfully, voiced my opinion. Thank you for maintaining a quality forum and one that is valuable to all of us, as long as we continue to participate in helping each other. We have a valuable tool here, especially with the participation of Scott and the Heartland factory. I want to see it continue and as our numbers grow and we get more knowledgeable people participating, we all win. Thanks again,

John

Trap

While I don't disagree with what you've done, I have to sympathise a bit with wildwind. There is nothing more frustrating than having spent your hard earned money on something and have a lot of problems with it. Did Wildwind handle it correctly maybe not. But his rants did show the frustration he felt. I can't say how I'd of reacted in his shoes. I will miss some of his advice and experience that he originally shared.:(

Trap

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
I have a lots of issues with my 3055. I have not published any rant's here as I know that they will not be constructive to anyone including me. I am working through my dealer to get things right. Things are happening, some more slowly than others, but with a positive attitude it will be made right.
Rand

Tom of Ypsi

I have been gone the last four days camping and come back to this. WOW. Jim, I think you did the right thing. There is a right way and a wrong way to express yourself about the problems with your coach. I difinetely think Clarence did it the wrong way and even private phone conversations with him were basically the same, wrong. Enough said!!!!!

JoeW4300

Hey Trap,
at least you make some sense. Wildwood went on and on, yes. Truth be told though, he was correct. I have purposely stayed off the forum to see what the response would be to the banishment. The New York Times is " all the news that's fit to print." The forum is " Good News Only." My bet is I'm next to go. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. No, I didn't make that up.
Regards,
Joe

Uncle Rog

Howdy, I have posted issues on this forum, not all of which have been positive, however the first one that gets mad usually loses the debate. I found Mr WildWind more amusing than not. In all forms of information sharing you will different levels of patience, it seems that many members take this a lot more seriously than I do. We are not full timers and the rig is for fun, we still want our moneys worth though! We will continue to strive to settle all issues and enjoy our rig as it was intended. I wish the same to WW and hope he can slow things down a little and keep his eye on the ball.........he might get better results.............