Teething problems

brains77396

Three, maybe four different problems so far on our 186. Every single lock on the storage doors is almost impossible to get unlocked. All feel as if someone had stuck a small screwdriver in the key hole trying to force them open. One key goes in a a 10 degree angle. Another problem was when I turned on the faucet in the kitchen and flooded the floor. The flexible screw-on hose was not attached or had pulled lose allowing the sink water to run on the floor. I need to operate the slide and see if it does it again. The top three screws in the screen door were stripped. That was fixed at the dealer by using pop rivets. My biggest concern is the slide does not pull up snug at the top. I can reach up and move it in and out a couple inches. Again was told that was fine although I wonder if some sort of fatigue could set in and effect the seal and or cause some structural problems in the slide or slide area. All this is before we have done anything more than drag it home. All the appliances work except we haven't tried the heater. When it's in the neighbor hood of 130 in that thing, it hard to accept the idea of running heaters.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Billy, it sounds to me like your dealer could have done a more thorough job of prepping the trailer. I would ask that they adjust the slide out. You might consider cutting a 2 x 4 to fit on top of the slide when it retracted. Place it between the wall and the slide out fascia. Hopefully when you get these few bugs worked out, all will be good and you can really start to enjoy the new rig.

brains77396

Diddle bopped down to my dealer this morning. Yep, the hose is too short. Three hours later it was fixed. No, wait, after repairing the hose the whole plastic sink pipe broke. So, after 5 hours of waiting we left it at the dealer. They were to go get some more pipe and start over. I am going to buy the five locks for the cargo doors and they will reimburse me for the cost as they didn't have enough in stock. The good news in all this is that they are taking time to do the repairs right and not send me back out the door with something that will fail in two days. The other good news is that when they finish with the unit they are going to deliver it to my home, saving me a trip to go pick it up.

jbeletti

I passed this to the Brand Manager for MPG so he can look into this at the plant to ensure we have or will be making improvements needed to ensure this is not a problem going forward. Thanks for sharing this so others may check theirs and we can improve at the plant.

Jim