No out flow from gas tank

Snoshoe82

Guys,
I have a 2007 4010 I have no supply from either supply points (for gen or fuel station) what could be the problem? Everything was working with only 5-10 gal of fuel in tank, then I dumped in 19 gals for our trip and now both fuel supplies are not allowing fuel out. I tried to pressurize the tank but nothing happened. I have been looking for diagrams but there aren't any to be found. I want to remove the supply hook ups but am leery of losing them in the tank. Please advise
Thank you for your time

jimtoo

Hi Snoshoe82

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I can't answer your question, but someone will jump in soon with some ideas.

Enjoy the forum and your new toy.

Jim M

I just did a quick seach of the forum and found this discussion. You might check it and see if anything applies to your problem. They do reference a delay built in and a switch on pump itself. Check this link. Jim M

Last edited:

PUG

Pug
Try removing the gas filter by the gen set and blow back through it. It sounds like when the fuel got low, something in the tank plugged the line. Blowing back through should open it up but in the end you may have to remove the tank and flush it out to get rid of whatever is in it.

hoefler

Look for the anti-siphon valve, it will be in the line that feeds off the tank to the appliances. Most likely there is some debris in it or it has failed.

KL7j

Guys,
I have a 2007 4010 I have no supply from either supply points (for gen or fuel station) what could be the problem? Everything was working with only 5-10 gal of fuel in tank, then I dumped in 19 gals for our trip and now both fuel supplies are not allowing fuel out. I tried to pressurize the tank but nothing happened. I have been looking for diagrams but there aren't any to be found. I want to remove the supply hook ups but am leery of losing them in the tank. Please advise
Thank you for your time

I had this happen with a camper a few years ago.

It turned out some supplies of propane can have residual fluids (condensate) and you get an oily substance build up in the lines that accumulates at low points.
The dealer disconnected the low pressure flexible hose that had basically a low dip shortly after the tank and an oily substance drained out. The low pressure side eventually could not displace the fluid.

A quick way to find out is unhook your gas line from the regulator low side, then in the RV disconnect a fitting say at the over. Blow into it, there should be very little resistance. If you get high back pressure, you likely have fluid in the line. The dealer says some propane sources have tank accumulations over the years, so I wonder if you got a bad batch as it was working before fill up. I was not the first one they had see with that problem.