Replacing Trail Runner steps

AttyVette

We are traveling to Florida next month to attend our son's wedding on the beach. We just bought a 2011 27 foot Trail Runner but it only has three steps on the trailer leading up to the door to the trailer. I would like to replace it with a four step unit and want to know what is the best quad step unit to purchase and then the easiest one to replace. My elderly parents will have trouble entering our trailer because of the height of the bottom step of our trailer. Thanks for any and all information you can give us about this question.

I have a quad step, yet I recently bought the same step Jim G gave a link to. When we are at a site that is low on the door side, leveling it out means the steps will be high. Also, with the air-suspension I am using on the RV, sometimes, in an overnight, I will not unhitch or dump the air. So the extra step is nice. Dogs like it too :)

I used it in Nashville at my site with the legs folded in. So it gave me maybe a 2" lift.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
there are other steps available but we found that one to be very stable. BTW we covered ours with a small piece of carpet.