Just picked up our New 21 North Trail

Hi everyone.
Just picked up our New 21 FBS and we love it But for some reason the Touch Audio system is in. Need of replacement.
has anyone been having problems with their unit.
The unit stays on and can not turn off or choose any modes and or other. Also like to find the site for this unit, ( Touch Audio VD 400i ).
Thanks all
Atkins Ohana​

jimtoo

Hi Atkins,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am not sure who the supplier is for that system. Hopefully someone will be on and can give you the information your looking for soon.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Congrats on the 21fbs! We bought ours in March and love it, it is our 1st travel trailer and it is great! The touch audio user manual and any website you might find are basically worthless. I learned everything from trial and error, and it is actually pretty easy. Use the remote and experiment with all the buttons and refer to the user guide some. After figuring out how it works, try the touch screen, ours will actually activate when our finger is very close without actually touching. Then figure out the sweet spots, sometimes you need to touch a little off center for whatever you are trying to do. It was a bit frustrating at first, but ours works fine. Be sure to watch for visual icons on the screen when playing with it.My only complaint is how bright the screen is when in the off position. We put a little drape over it with a couple of velcro patches to atach and remove. Again congrats on your trailer choice and enjoy!!!

Thanks to all of you that responded to my thread and the info that you have given me.
I know we did a walk around and the person in charge said they already knew about it and had a New unit on order.
just to all and maybe have had the experience already do a good walk around with opening all compartments, drawers,doors,siders etc. Found some faults with a few things due to the excitement of it all and due to the lack of QC at the factory and Dealership. but all in all love theTrailer and in time all will get taken care of.
thanks again guys.

The Atkins Ohana
Apple Valley, Ca.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
We just picked up our sundance 2800RL and currently in our maiden voyage. After all the work to load the trailer and etc, tonight I finally started to play with and discover to problmes:

1. It appears the dealer or the factory does not connect the TV audio out to the system so that I can play the sound thru the Ceiling speakers, is anyone else unit have the same situration and had to connect their own audio cables?

2. I plugged my Ipod Player to the USB port, put it in DVD mode and then switch to USB as instructed in page 10 last bullet, but nothing plays, has anyone had the same problem and what was your solutions?

JASMAR (Tom)

I have the same problem in our new Caliber. I emailed the factory and they sent me a replacement right away. Great! Wrong it didn't work either. So I contacted them again. This time I was replied to a tech that didn't know anything about ipods or the touch audio. From there I was contacted by Lippert industries who they get the radios from. They sent me a nice download of the instructions that I already had and that is the last I heard about it. I guess they figured if you can't fix the problem just forget about it. So if you find out how to make it work please post it. Thanks.

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
I was able to get the IPOD to work by purchasing a double ended male audio cord that plugs into the IPOD and the Radio, the same kind used for connecting an IPOD to a car that does not have a USB input. The IPOD now can plan thru the radio.

The USB plug does not work for IPOD or Charging. I will work with dealer after we get back from our Maiden Voyage.

Tom

pegmikef

We just picked up our sundance 2800RL and currently in our maiden voyage. After all the work to load the trailer and etc, tonight I finally started to play with and discover to problmes:

1. It appears the dealer or the factory does not connect the TV audio out to the system so that I can play the sound thru the Ceiling speakers, is anyone else unit have the same situration and had to connect their own audio cables?

I don't know about the ipod, but if it is touch audio and hooked up the way mine was, then the audio cable they connected to your audio in port on the TV should really be connected to the TV's audio out port (there is no audio out cable connection on the touch audio). If there is not an audio out port on the TV, then you can get an adapter and use the earphones jack to pipe the audio out.