Water in the basement update

jbeletti

Hi George,

Where in the basement are you seeing the water? By that, I mean, is it behind the bulkhead wall under the kitchen or in the main storage area or in the front section that drops down?

If it's in the front most section, check the rubber seal on the split door and make sure the cams are turned the right way on both locks to ensure a good snuggly sealed door when locked.

Sounds like you resealed around the frames of the storage doors so that's covered. Consider getting up on the roof and check the the seams forward of the kitchen. The seams where the roof membrane is attached at the edges of the trailer. Look for seal voids. The seal where the front cap is attached to the trailer, across the top and down the sides.

I searched a bit but didn't find where it's been into a dealer for this yet. If you find nothing further, consider getting it in to a dealer.

Best of luck,

Jim

morganm12

George
Jim

The water is puddling in the main basement area. As for your suggestion about the roof, Joe and Todd at LSI replaced my rubber roof in July. I had the water problem before the new roof. I plan to contact my dealer as he tried to fix it shortly after my purchase. My balance ain't that great due to all the drugs I take so i'm not likely to do much climbing to find the leak. I was curious if someone else has had a similar problem. I have taken to putting everything in plastic containers that goes into the basement. Anything that I don't want to get wet.

jbeletti

Hi George,

Does your main storage area get wet when you are stationary? Even without rain? Wondering if you have a fresh or gray water leak in plumbing in for the bedroom lavatory sink or the shower. If it is, maybe water is running underneath the floor and dripping down into the storage area.

If mobility is limiting you a bit at this time, perhaps a nearby buddy can take a look around for you before you get a chance to have a dealer take a closer look.

Let us know how this turns out for you George as you may find something others will want to check on their rigs.

Jim

jpmorgan37

This will take two people, but it is a way we found water leaks in automobiles. One person get into the basement with the lights on and a good flashlight. Another person start low with a water hose and keep moving it up until the water starts coming into the basement area. Then you know the source. Good luck,

John

morganm12

George
The water seems to appear only after a good extended rain such as the ones we just had in N.C., heavy at times. The dealer did the man in the basement check and concluded that the seal around the basement doors needed to be replaced. We are headed to Orlando today and plan to spend the next 28 days in Fl. and then we head back to Tx. We will be back in the Conroe, Tx area sometime in Dec. Until then I'll just keep stuff in plastic containers and mopping up the water. This has been an ongoing problem since we bought the GC. If this unit had a wooden frame I would be a lot more concerned about mildue and dry rot. I did notice after a month in Va and a lot of rainy days and nights a little sign of mildue on the inside of the basement at the bottom where the door latches. If your standing looking into the basement I take my fingers and press the 1" strip between the lip and the floor and at the right corner near the inside wall at the rear of the basement and my fingers get wet, very wet after an extended heavy rain.

I had problem with fittings from Bath Lavatory leaking. Couldn't tighten them enough. i was on the road so I went to ACE Hdw in Green River UT and bought can of the Spray Rubber you see on TV that they spray on the bottom of a boat and coated these two fittings and I haven't had a leak since. These fittings are free to move and can be hit in the basement by items stored there also they are flexable (poor design and plastic fittings) with no way to secure them. This fixed my problem. I don't thinl this is yours but could help some one else. Look at the back corners of the basement. Mine has cracks I can see thru and in a heavy rain road splash could get in. I have not been in a rainstorm so I don't know if this leaks or not and I haven't bothered to fix them yet. Heartland could do a better job in this area. Coming from an Automotive service career I know water leaks can be hard to find and if you can see daylight you can get water, especially down under. Good luck!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Big Dave I'm pretty sure he has solved the problem by now since this thread is nearly 6 years old.
But regarding your leaks if you could not tighten the fittings enough, you may have a plastic or rubber washer that is missing or distorted.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2