Avoiding I-4 through Orlando

Elevatorman

Remembering how bad traffic can get on I-4 in and around the Orlando area, I am contemplating going further south on I-95 towards Titusville and taking the 528 toll rd. and also using the 417 toll rd. straight into Disney. Toll costs are said to be $7. Has anyone else used this way around? Mapping only shows it as an extra 30 miles/20 mins. or so. Sure looks longer! Wonder if it's worth it.
I'm already planning a Jacksonville bypass, as I won't forget that Rt. 95 mess ever! My last camping tip south was in a 32' Class C, a lot easier to manage in traffic.

Jellystone

Elevatorman, when we went last time (Memorial Day week) we came down the Florida/Ronald Reagan Turnpike, then exited onto Hwy. 429 (toll), then exited off at Western Way that runs right thru Disney. Had no problems navigating w/the dually & 5er. Another way that we've gone in the past was to come down the Florida/Ronald Reagan Turnpike, exit off at Hwy 192 (Irlo Bronson), after that go to World Drive that runs right thru the gut of WDW.--Just some ideas for you. Personally, I would rather drive an extra 20 min or pay a couple of extra dollars to safely get around heavy traffic pulling a rig also.

jnbhobe

The Beeline (428) and Greenline (417) do get backed up at times like rush hour usually the toll booths.