how is the steel frame attached to bedroom slide wall?

2010augusta

We are looking into converting our king-sized bed down to a queen sized bed to make room for a baby-side-car, to mount between the bed and the closet. In order to do this, all of the space has to be created on the closet side of the bed. Since we have an Augusta, there is a steel frame for the hydraulic slide system, under the bed, but it is not centered. I want to move the entire frame work towards the bathroom several inches. I have a couple questions before I start on this conversion.

1. I can see that the steel frame is attached to the bedroom slide with nuts on either bolts or studs, is it possible to relocate these?

2. The frame is attached to the floor, by bolts or lags, are these into a re-enforced area, or can this also be relocated closer to the bathroom?

I am comfortable with all carpentry and mechanical skills needed to move the systems, all I really need to know is if the structure of the Landmark can handle the steel frame being move by about 4-5 inches, and if the the attachment of the bedroom slide can be moved?

Jellystone

Alan, I have no help for you on the frame conversion but, CONGRATULATIONS on the baby on the way. I hope that she has a trouble free pregnancy. This is an exciting time for you both and your families, so enjoy it. Bryant

K

karykatz

Congratulations Alan and Sandy. I checked with engineering, and they do not recommend moving the slide mechanism. The slide mechanism is bolted through cross members of the steel frame, but if you move it over there won't be anything but the laminated floor. Sorry.

2010augusta

Thanks Jim,

I will look forward to a response from the engineering department.

I don't think it will be too tough of a task, as a few have already cut down the bed frames, but I just need all the "new" space on one side of the bedroom.

2010augusta

I figured out the answer to part of my question, and determined that the steel hydraulic frame is bolted to part of the boxed steel framework under the bedroom, and is not just lagged to the floor, so it does not seem possible to move the hydraulic frame from its current position. I'll have to keep looking at other options and might take the 10" off the bathroom side of the bed.

Thanks for the info Kary and thanks for the well wishes.

Last edited: