interesting blog about Allure flooring

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
WOW...that's scary!!! We considered Allure, but didn't like any of the options we saw...we ended changing our flooring with another resilient flooring from Lumber Liquidators called Transitions. It's been in our coach since March and there have been no problems.

However, unlike Allure which adheres together to create a "floating" floor, much like a laminate, Transitions must be adhered to the sub-floor using a troweled on vinyl flooring adhesive. It was a relatively easy job, and the good thing is, if a piece becomes damaged, you can heat the adhesive with a hair dryer and replace with a new piece very easily. So far, it's held up beautifully...it's actually got a 25 year warranty and is used in alot of commerical applications...we love it!

I made the mistake of purchasing 12"x12" sticky tile squares to place over the linoleum floor in my toyhauler garage. I cleaned and prepped the floor perfectly, and when it was finished it looked great!

Problem was; I installed the floor in the Spring, but when the summer temperatures arrived I began to see tile corners starting to lift and curl. I tried everything, but it was just too warm for the adhesive to remain bonded properly. Once the glue gets any foreign material on it, it will not re-stick. To make a long story short I ended up taking the tile squares off and laying diamond plate neopreme flooring down over the glue, and after removing that I returned to the original linoleum...after spending 2 days on my hands and knees using Goop, WD-40, and Windex to remove the adhesive and clean the floor.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We installed Allure in our stick-house laundry room. initially, it had a rubbery/vinyl smell, but it did go away fairly quickly. The only issue I have is that the seams aren't 'exactly' perfect. And that bugs me a little. But it is a good product, very easy to install. We laid it over an existing sheet linoleum floor that was on top of concrete slab.