wet bolts

MC9

OK, got the rear powered stabilizer, just had the tires balanced, the wet bolt kit from Trailair is in the mail. I am going to be like so ready.

Gaffer

I have been thinking about wet bolts. Didn't know Trailair had a kit. How many bolts and what's the cost? Is it on their web site?

lwmcguir

You can buy the wet bolts at any trailer supply house and most larger supply houses. They are well worth the money and will save you time in the long run. They should be greased every three to six thousand miles depending on the type of driving you are doing. Going down smooth roads don't work them nearly as much as the rougher ones. Consider CP if you really want to upgrade.

Hudson

I don't know which axles this applies to, but it applied to my 2011 Dexter axle. If you are putting wet bolts onto a system, make certain that you are also using brass bushings. If your axles have nylon/plastic bushings on them, they need to be replaced with brass apparently.

lwmcguir

Great point. The kits I have installed come with brass although I have seen and used the wet bolts with nylon as well. Brass if preferred.

MC9

I saw it online so, I called trailair (the maker of the equalizer on my Sundance) and yes they sell a wet bolt kit. 14 wet bolts and nuts 8 brass sleeves and 8- 1/2 thick shackles for 56 clams + shipping. I see where someone ordered a kit from Morryde for their dexter axle and it didn't all fit, different equalizer.