Bearing Trouble.

Joel

Well we've taken a couple trips in our new 3595RE and really enjoy the rig. Theres a few minor things thats wrong that can be repaired, BUT:

Warning.. I would strongly suggest you check the bearings before traveling. We were coming back from Texas on I-35 and had a bearing burn out and almost caught on fire on the front axle. The road side service tech got us fixed up after a few grueling hours on the road and finally rigged it so we could cripple into a camp ground until they got the parts in. The tech greased the rest of the bearings when he found out they didn't have adequate amount of grease in any of them. But Heartlands service dept got the people who make the axles and the three of us talked and the company is refunding my repair bill.

This is the only major thing wrong. The other problems is curtain rods screws loosening, drawers not staying shut, elect part of the hotwater tank not working and a bedroom slide carpet getting very wet after a rain. Got a call into the dealer and when he calls back hope to get it back to him for these repairs.

We leave for Colorado Monday and hope to hear from the dealer so we can get an appointment with him when we return to get the rest of these items taken care of before we head South for the Winter.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If the electric part of the Hot Water heater is not working make sure the black switch on the back of the water heater is turned to on. Then in inside switch will work. Make sure there is water in it before turning it on or you will burn out the element on electric.

Joel

This was on the way home overnight so the tank was still full. We just left the switch outside off and thought we'd just heat the tank with elect and so we had the switch inside on. But no hotwater at all.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The little black switch on the face of the water heater MUST be in the ON position to heat electrically, along with the red, lighted wall switch inside the trailer. And if you were on the road, it will not work at all, regardless of the switch settings. The electric heating element is 120V, not 12V.

Joel

The little black switch on the face of the water heater MUST be in the ON position to heat electrically, along with the red, lighted wall switch inside the trailer. And if you were on the road, it will not work at all, regardless of the switch settings. The electric heating element is 120V, not 12V.

I was at a campground with full hookups. I knew it didn't work on 12v. But didn't know both switches had to be on. Now I do. Thanks