Equaflex Zerk Issue

jcarnevale

Found the Equaflex grease zerk loose during a preflight and it came off in my hand! Are these suppose to be that loose or is this zerk fitting broken?

0061.jpg Zerk2.jpg

2010augusta

found out at the OR rally that we are missing 2 zerks, I didn't realize they weren't the thread in type. I guess a tap will be need for my replacement.

lwmcguir

The drive in style Zerk's are used in many applications now. You can purchase them at any auto/farm store. However if the hole was drilled a bit to large then you might have to tap them. Should you tap them you need a tapered and a bottom tap to complete the job. Then you have to carefully try to get the filings out of the grease opening.

jcarnevale

OK, that makes sense, it does look like a drive in style zerk. I'll see what Lippert wants to do. It's going in for some minor adjustments on Monday, hopefully they can take care of it then. Thanks for the education.

Jay

jcarnevale

Update: Informed dealer of situation and they said they would order just the drive in type zerk grease fitting and that I could put them in myself when they arrive. That was a month ago! I called Lippert this afternoon and two brand new wet bolts are in the mail today!

lwmcguir

OK, that makes sense, it does look like a drive in style zerk. I'll see what Lippert wants to do. It's going in for some minor adjustments on Monday, hopefully they can take care of it then. Thanks for the education.

Jay

Zerks are available at any auto parts store or farm supply stores.