Code to use for Jensen 19 inch tv with Dish Network Remote?

Hi:

I'm trying to find the proper code to program my Dish Network Remote to control the Jensen 19 inch LCD TV?

Thanks in advance.

ChopperBill

Good luck. Couldnt find a code for our Direct TV remote. After only a week I sold it on eBay and bought a Samsung 22 inch for only $90 more than I got out of the Jensen.

I tried for a couple of hours to get the Jensen programmed with our Dish remote, even going through every code individually (THAT was fun!) I actually hit a code right towards the end of the list, but couldn't get it to lock in and after two attempts at doing the individual code routine I was done. So now my husband uses the Jensen remote to turn on the tv and control the volume and the DISH remote to change channels, which he hates but what can you do? Other than buy a new TV like retired4fun--ha!

wyleyrabbit

Try getting a logitech harmony remote. If any remote can, it's them. No codes either, all via USB and the internet. About $75 give or take.

porthole

Retired
Try getting a ligate harmony remote. If any remote can, it's them. No codes either, all via SUB and the INTERNET. About $75 give or take.

Benn there - done that and returned it.

It was more complicated to use then just keeping several remotes next to the chair.

JENSENRVdirect

Currently, the only code that DirecTV has that will work with our JENSEN LCD TV's is 11299. This code works if you have the DirecTV HR21 HD receiver with the RC64R remote or the DTV D12-100 receiver with a RC64RB remote. No other DirecTV receiver/remote/codes will work as they did not have our TV IR coding in them prior to these models. It's possible newer models support this, however, this is the latest information we have. If you find this code works on another receiver/remote combination, it would be appreciated if you could let us know as it would be helpful to provide to other customers.

At this time, we are not aware of any codes and/or hardware combinations for Dish Network.

"Universal" remote controls are pre-programmed from the remote manufacturer. These remote manufacturers need to gather the IR coding information from the electronics manufacturer and include that information in their database.

Most "universal" remote controls will not be compatible with our TVs. The reason is that the "universal" remote manufacturers typically do not include products made specifically for mobile applications as their primary use is for home products. As our TVs are one of the few brands of TVs designed specifically for mobile use (RVs, Vans, Boats, Buses, etc.), our IR coding is most often not included when they create their IR coding database for their "universal" remote.

One solution is to use a "learning" remote control. This will allow you to "teach" the remote any IR coding from any IR remote capable product, regardless of whether the product was included in the remote manufacturer's IR database. Another solution is to purchase the specific remote needed through the original equipment manufacturer.

For your reference, the "X-digit code" are just reference numbers to the actual IR coding stored in the universal remote's database. It is not the actual IR information needed.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

I have just found a code that works for my jensen tvs. Try (056). If you have more than one tv, you might end up changing channels on both tv's at the same time?