2011 BH 3800 RD - Rear Entertainment Slide Misalignment

gomcalli

I have a new 2011 BH 3800 RD and I am concerned about the misalignment of the rear den slide with the entrainment center build in.

When the slide extends the slide the bottom extends farther than the top. This angular misalignment is over the height of the slide with a difference of 3/4" - 1" (top has 1" gap between the top seal area and the wall and at the bottom is about 1/4"). The compression seals look adequate, but my main concern is the outside roof slope is not the angle required to have the rain drain away from the seals, so it has the possibility of water penetration through the outside top seal.

I have taken it to the dealer and he has adjusted it but is not resolved. The dealer response was this is acceptable because it is heavy with the entertainment system this is normal. I don't believe this is correct since I have four other slides that are extending properly and all the other RV I looked at when I spent months shopping were are able to full extend properly, so I think this is a bit of a smokescreen.

Has there been other issues reported concerning this issue and does the factory have a possible solution?

Thanks

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes, the top of the slide can be adjusted out at the top. I did mine...it takes about 30 minutes to do. Unless they have changed, there are 2 adjusting screws for the vertical adjustment. Loosen the bolts on the "feet" and the locking nut on the vertical screws. Screw the vertical screws down "loosen" and the top of the slide will tip out.