Dometic RM3962 in 2011 Landmark

skh

This may be premature as I haven't gotten out the Dometic book, but isn't this supposed to be an auto defrost model? The fins in the frig are getting pretty thickly frosted up, I thought they were supposed to defrost into the drip tray under them. Still cooling well, at first it seemed to take awhile and had it on 5 until stuff started to freeze, then turned it down to 4.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I don't believe any of the Heartland products have frost free or auto defrost refrigerators. Maybe you can find them on a Prevost Motor Home.

ralphpam

The freezers do not defrost, however the fins in the refer should not have frost on them. We spent a year with refer problems and that was one of many. According to Dometic, that usually means the doors are not sealing. In our case that was not the cause, but a good place to start. Ours would usually then decide to thaw flooding the refer and then be fine for awhile. You also might try turning the temp to 1 or 2 which should provide adequate cooling, unless the outside temps are really high, and allow the fins to defrost. For us it was a wait and see what would happen next. Document everything just in case.......... We found an infrared thermometer was very helpful in seeing the temp of the fins and around the door when closed.

skh

Well, it has been really humid too. I'll try turning it down, had to turn it up at first as it didn't seem to cool well. I don't remember what they were for refrigerators but the last Holiday Rambler fridge the fins stayed perfectly clean for sure, and I think the King of the Road frig. before that never iced up either.