Great service from Wilkins RV, Bath, NY...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
As some of you may know, we recently had a nasty blowout which caused some damage to the exterior of our 08' Bighorn. We were on our way to Syracuse, NY for a show when this occured. After the show we had about 2-3 weeks of downtime, which would give us some leadway in getting it repaired.

After contacting Heartland about repairs they suggested Wilkins RV in Bath...we'd heard of them before as they are the selling dealer at the Hershey RV show. We called set up and appointment and headed there after the carshow. When we arrived they already knew about our situation as Heartland Customer Service had contacted them and were already in the process of sending parts that would be needed. They have 8 hook-ups with 50amp service and water and a really nice dump station. It's located in a beautiful valley with mountains all around..the view was gorgeous. They told us we could stay in the little campground as long as it took, and they would work us into their already busy schedule.

Well, that's exactly what they did...we arrived on Monday, they found out the parts would arrive on Thursday they blocked the tech's schedule for Friday, Monday and Tuesday afternoons, incase they needed the time. Well Friday's morning job took longer than expected and they were gonna take us in around 3pm to try and get something done...we, knowing how they were trying hard to fit us in, told them to just wait till Monday and start then, finish what they needed on Friday afternoon. They were very thankful and it relieved some of their stress. For us, we were enjoying the surrounding area...and the free camping was nice...;)

By Tuesday afternoon...we were all done!! They did a great job...the tech Larry and the Service writer Vicky really took care of us. They have a beautiful service facility with more than a dozen service bays. A great showroom and waiting area...and even allowed us to bring the dog in while they had the RV and it was too hot to be outside. Everybody there treated us like they had just sold us an RV, and they even told us to stop by if we were coming thru again, there would always be a campsite available if we needed it...one really great company!!

Another thing that happened while we were there, in the midst of selling and prepping more than 30 RV's they sold the week we were there, plus scheduled service work, a couple with an Open Road, a brand they do not sell, came in with a broken landing gear. They couldn't even get the unit off the truck...these service people made lots of calls, contacted Open Road and they finally secured a new leg which was overnighted in for the next morning...they had these people done and back on the road in just over twenty-four hours.

I think I found the next dealer I will buy my next Heartland from...:D

Tom of Ypsi

It took HL almost 3 weeks to order my parts from their vendor:confused: for my blowout. Parts are still in Mi and I am stuck in Elkhart trying to get my frame fixed now.