Wiring schematic 2010 2998rb

GarthJ

I want to install a hard wired power protection device on my unit. I need a diagram of the wiring to figure out where the main line is at a place where I can attach the power protection. I don’t want to take off the under belly just to follow the wire. If anyone has done this and can offer any advice I would appreciate the help.

jimtoo

Re: Wireing schematic 2010 2998rb

Hi GarthJ,

I am sure the factory will not supply a wiring schematic for your unit. If you will remove the panels in the basement, you will see where the wiring connects and can decide then where to put your hard wired unit. I personally use a unit that plugs directly into the park power.

I am also moving the thread to the Sundance area so that others who have installed hard wired units may give their ideas also.

Jim M

D

Dave Willis

The 30 amp standard power cords have a connection in the rear section of the chassis that is a 4 x 4 box. It terminates on the door side "I" Beam approximately 18" from the rear chassis cross member.

The only other location to tap into would be in the front under the bath floor behind the block off panels we install.

I don't think you will be able to access the wiring without dropping or cutting into the underbelly. We have a zipper access panel that you can use for the underbelly if you decide to cut into the underbelly. You could get that through our service department.

We don't have a diagram that would tell you where to look for the wiring you are asking about. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Gaffer

A lot of people need to get into the underbelly for different types of issues. Any chance you can get a picture and deminsions posted? I am sure a lot of us would be interested. This is the first post I have see mentioning a zipper accerss panel. Sounds like a great solution.
Thanks