Replacements for recessed lighting bulbs

tomn2t

I need to replace the small bulbs in a couple of recessed light fixtures in my Bighorn and can't find any documentation on replacement parts. Can anyone tell me how to obtain replacement bulbs? The Heartland dealership that I stopped at apparently wasn't familiar with them and there is no identification on the ones that I have. Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi romn2t,

The bulbs should have a number on them, but sometimes really hard to see, especially if discolored by the heat, (turned black). Maybe if you could post a picture of bulb and fixture someone will most likely know the type you need. Or most likely the fixtures are 12 volt, so you might also take the bulb to an auto parts store and let the experienced eye of a parts person look at it.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What year is your coach, and which recessed lights.
The recessed lights above the couch in our 2008 BH are 12 volts, 10 watts.

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You can find the bulbs at Home Depot, Lowes, and even Wal-Mart. Be sure to get 12 volt 10 watt halagon. You can get them at Wal-Mart in a 2 park for less than $9.

caissiel

My bucket of spare bulbs is just behind the TV above my PC. The recess bulbs on mine are 1383 and I bought 6 on Ebay for spares, Already used 2 in the last 6 months.